World cup?

jdaa

Captain Geir-Arne is at the Odyssey helm....I know he's a huge fan of the World Cup. I would think he would ask Miami to show the games on the Odyssey.

Martita B.

I know Martha!

I think I will keep captain Dexter hostage in Dikili on July 11 to see the final...... (this is a joke, don't ban me from the ship like some airlines would ;=) )

Marja

The issue is a licencing one.Seabourn paid nearly thirty thousand dollars to be able to show the games on the Sojourn.

Marja,get Rene to pay the money so that all can watch on the Odyssey.:D

Licence.....? All the matches are shown in public on streets, in bars, everywhere! Why not on a cruise ship? If they can show it on the Sojourn, I suppose the licence goes for the Odyssey as well.... same company! Good luck for England this afternoon!

Marja

hurray...england through...husband over the mooooooon!

Now I'm in trouble if there is no world cup on board!

oooh USA through..so definitely world cup on board!:):):)

ok its official..seabourn guest relations just sent me an email..No world cup viewing on the ship.....thx seabourn..u just made my day :mad:

ok its official..seabourn guest relations just sent me an email..No world cup viewing on the ship.....thx seabourn..u just made my day :mad:

I haven't heard a thing yet. In my opinion it is the strangest thing to be able to watch such a huge event on one ship of the company and not on the other.... Super Bowl yes, Oscar night yes, but World Cup on Odyssey: NO! Very disappointing and not fair!

I checked the Silversea Board and they do show the matches on big screen as well. I'm sorry for all of you who are joining the Odyssey soon and are big soccer fans (well, I'm sure the cruise will make up a lot for it, but still....., you would not expect it not to be possible)! We will "only" be on for the final. Imagine Holland would be in it....;=) (and yes, I know, before you all jump on me (Lord?)..... but it IS possible).

Marja

Very, very disappointing. I just wrote them an email. You would expect a company of Seabourn's stature to be able to dish out 30 grand for a license that would make the vast majority of their passengers very happy. I am due to miss the final, and I have not missed a match in the last two world cups, so disappointed. What a bummer. Really, it is a decision that does not make sense.

I haven't heard a thing yet. In my opinion it is the strangest thing to be able to watch such a huge event on one ship of the company and not on the other.... Super Bowl yes, Oscar night yes, but World Cup on Odyssey: NO! Very disappointing and not fair!

I checked the Silversea Board and they do show the matches on big screen as well. I'm sorry for all of you who are joining the Odyssey soon and are big soccer fans (well, I'm sure the cruise will make up a lot for it, but still....., you would not expect it not to be possible)! We will "only" be on for the final. Imagine Holland would be in it....;=) (and yes, I know, before you all jump on me (Lord?)..... but it IS possible).

Marja

hi Marja

yep unfortunately it is true

here is the email I received from guest relations:

<<I'm sorry but the world cup is not scheduled for viewing onboard the ship.

Best regards,

Gina Luongo>>

I still cannot believe it! Maybe if they get more complaints we might see something..still trying to tell my husband!

Steff

:

I suppose the other way of looking at it is,why would a soccer fanatic go away on a ship while the World Cup is going on. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:..cause life has to keep on moving i guess

I suppose the other way of looking at it is,why would a soccer fanatic go away on a ship while the World Cup is going on. :rolleyes:

Aha..... there you are! What took you so long....?

Why do you think I changed my Sojourn cruise on June 20 to the Odyssey on July 10? (Not knowing by then that the Sojourn WOULD and the Odyssey WOULD NOT show the matches :()

Marja

Hello World Cup friends!

I can share some G O O D N E W S!

World Cup UP AND RUNNING! (and so it should)

Enjoy your cruise (as long as you promise Holland will play the final.... or rather.... win the final ;=) !

Marja;)

Marja, do you know if the World Cup be shown on the Legend also?

Thanks.

Cruiserbunny

hip hip hurray now that s good news...husband happy:)..happier if he will be getting to see England after tonight!

Thx Marja.. i l be drinking to a Dutch win in the bar soon.

Steffi:):):):)

hip hip hurray now that s good news...husband happy:)..happier if he will be getting to see England after tonight!

Thx Marja.. i l be drinking to a Dutch win in the bar soon.

Steffi:):):):)

Good luck this afternoon...! Sorry for my German friends :eek: !

Marja

England out:o

goodluck holland :)

Sorry!

And thanks..... it will be a tough day tomorrow..... I look forward to it and fear it at the same time!

But it is a good thing the people on the Odyssey will be able to watch the World Cup - both guests and crew!

Marja

Marja

That was harsh game,, but life goes on,,

Enjoy your day when you wake up and have a fantastic day ashore

Good morning Seabourninsider! (finally someone with a name that starts with Seabourn too...)

For your information: I'm still at home, not on the Odyssey yet. Today we will have an "ORANGE" day since Holland has to play;)

Marja

Archived