Gsc

I love snorkeling there! Let me know if you find blue snorkle gear, we were there last week and DS lost mine. When you get off of the tender go to the left side and then swim out from there and you'll see lots of fish. Also, you can rent mats or party floats. We always get the party float ($25) because you can fit a few people on it and you can hold on to it if you get tired out there. Plus it is nice to lay on (if you want to catch some rays). They also have a big slide now it's $5/1 slide or $20 for the day. Be sure to wear sunscreen:cool:

OP.. over the years I have read a lot of flack about GSC, but we have always enjoyed our visits there. It's not a big island and it doesnt have a lot of the extras that some cruiseline islands have, but we have always found it to be very clean and relaxing and actually, one of the highlights of my cruise has always been to visit the little shops that are there on the island, over by the buffet area. I have yet to go to them and not leave with loads of stuff. 8-)

Is the snorkeling any good? Well, that's subjective. If you go out into the area between the large rock and the jetty, the depth drops off quickly, and some fish can been seen. If you take your time and drift slowly about in the shallow area near there, you'll see some interesting things also. But, this does NOT compare to snorkeling on a reef. I wouldn't pass up snorkeling on a reef because you're going to GSC.

GSC is currently being revamped and new things are being added. If you are interested in the Hippo Water Slide book it online and save $5. They have a kiosk so you may get a massage on the beach, they've added lots of loungers and bar setups, the sand isn't as gritty as it was. When we were there in April they offered a boat excursion to tour the Berry Islands but I don't know how much it cost. The Freestyle Daily should list it all.

I was just at GSC last week and really enjoyed it. There were a number of things to do:

1. kayak tour

2. boat tour of Berry Islands (maybe around $35 per person?)

3. rent snorkel gear

4. rent floats for the water

5. volleyball

6. Parasailing ($80 I think)

7. Buffet lunch

8. Beach massages

9. Hippo water slide

10. Tons of lounge chairs

I thought the snorkeling was quite good... lots of fish, some coral, very clear water. I was also really impressed with the beach/swimming area. Tons of nice soft sand and you can walk way out into the water and have a nice soft sandy bottom to stand on. RCCL's island is rockier in the swim area.

I was just at GSC last week and really enjoyed it. There were a number of things to do:

1. kayak tour

2. boat tour of Berry Islands (maybe around $35 per person?)

3. rent snorkel gear

4. rent floats for the water

5. volleyball

6. Parasailing ($80 I think)

7. Buffet lunch

8. Beach massages

9. Hippo water slide

10. Tons of lounge chairs

I thought the snorkeling was quite good... lots of fish, some coral, very clear water. I was also really impressed with the beach/swimming area. Tons of nice soft sand and you can walk way out into the water and have a nice soft sandy bottom to stand on. RCCL's island is rockier in the swim area.

Thanks for the current update!!!

We were not too impressed when we were there last time..looks better now!!!

Is the snorkeling any good? Well, that's subjective. If you go out into the area between the large rock and the jetty, the depth drops off quickly, and some fish can been seen. If you take your time and drift slowly about in the shallow area near there, you'll see some interesting things also. But, this does NOT compare to snorkeling on a reef. I wouldn't pass up snorkeling on a reef because you're going to GSC.

Reef snorkeling definitely better but just at GSC last week. About 15 feet out from beach saw a baby barracuda. Went out a little farther and saw more barracuda and some very tropica fish. Someone in our crowd swam out with some hamburger buns and we had fish everywhere.

We brought our own snorkle gear and rented just the vests at 4.99 each.

We just got back from our trip there on Friday. If you like the active stuff...they also have a jet ski tour. It's $99 for a driver & $49 for a rider & well worth it. It was a small group & we were able to open it up on the open beautiful water, the views were amazing, then we went to another island & took a short break before we headed back. Awesome shore excursion, even topped the snorkeling at the reef in GBI. Have fun!

It has been a couple of years since we were there, but we brought a couple of our own blow up floats, from the dollar store, and they worked out great. Afterwards, when we were done with them, we gave them to another family to use.

Sad to see they are now charging for use of life vests for snorkeling. We brought our own gear and got the vests from them for free.

Archived