How early can you disembark?

Moose Tracks

We were going to take the train into Rome, but as it's Sunday the earliest train we can catch is 11 a.m. So...we're going to order a limo to meet us and take us to our hotel in Rome. Our Prinsendam cruise is scheduled to dock in Civitavecchia at 7 a.m. What would be the earliest time we could disembark to catch our limo? We travel light so will be disembarking with all our luggage.

Not sure about disembarkation time, but based on our cruises on other lines, probably 8-8:30.

However, when looking at the Trenitalia site, it does show a few options for Regional trains before 11 a.m. ... but it shows n/a, which I think just means that you can't order tickets in advance on line for them; instead you would just purchase them up at the station.

p.s. here's a link to the site I looked at: Trenitalia

I don't have my info here in front of me but I am pretty certain you can take the train way before 11:00 on a Sunday.

As to your question, it depends on how you are disembarking. We always do the self-disembarkation so we are usually off the ship right at the time they officially dock which in your case would be 7:00.

Kirk

Well....that's certainly made my day!:D I have no idea where I was looking that I came up with 11:00 as the earliest. I was on the Trentalia site, but obviously not doing it right. Will definitely be taking the train now. We took the train last year from the airport into Rome and our hotel was an easy 10 minute walk from the station. The difference between 10E vs 130E is a heck of a lot of gelato. I hoped if we were carrying off our own luggage that we could just leave whenever the ship had been cleared and that seems to be the case.

Thanks Susan & Kirk....where would we be without CC!

Lynn

Archived