Satallite TV on Whisper

torst

Everyone except me is worried about the world cup, alas I am going to be on the Whisper on the coast of Norway during the British Open. I know that I am not going on a cruise to watch TV but... would one be able to watch the Open on those occasions when one is in their suite and might want to catch up on the golf?

Just off Whisper: one of us is tennis-mad and got very limited coverage of the French Open, with patchy availability of the Eurosport channel (mainly in German). The World Cup was available, on the Big Screen, with commentary in French I think. So do ask reception, because they do have a couple of channels that they tune to different stations, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the Open. Sorry.

Just off Whisper: one of us is tennis-mad and got very limited coverage of the French Open, with patchy availability of the Eurosport channel (mainly in German). The World Cup was available, on the Big Screen, with commentary in French I think. So do ask reception, because they do have a couple of channels that they tune to different stations, but I wouldn't hold my breath for the Open. Sorry.

THANKS for this update! It has been good to hear from duct tape that our Silver Cloud Captain loves soccer and will need to watch his team, Italy, defend its World Cup. We are on the July 1-16 Norway Coast cruise. Here is the schedule while we are on that cruise: Quarter-finals July 2-3, Semi-finals July 6-7 at Cape Town Green Point Stadium and Durban, Finals July 11 at Johannesburg Soccer City. Cape Town is in the same time zone as we will be in Copenhagen and Norway. For these key games, we won't be up at the far extreme north latitudes or North Cape area. World Cup seems like a sure thing for getting on-ship viewing, but the British Open might be a maybe, if. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

I was on the Whisper the last two weeks (Nice - Southampton) and when the initial World Cup game was played they rigged it up in the theater on the 6th floor. I would make the request when you get on the ship.

By the way, the new updates to the Whisper were fantastic!

Archived