I can't handle my PVP, please help!

tampabrat22

I hate to sound harsh, but this guy just irks me!

I used an agent for my first few cruises, but then started booking directly with Carnival because I like to have full control over my reservations (the agent I was using was very hard to contact, we always had to play phone/email tag but she was really nice & helpful). The times I booked directly with Carnival it was through the group department because I was the group leader, never had any issues. Anyway this year I decided to use a PVP (because he called & emailed nonstop) so I finally gave in. When we originally booked he was not very friendly, almost rude actually. But I'm a very friendly, outgoing person, so I tried to blow it off and thought maybe he was just having a bad day. Well since we booked in Feb, he will call and tell me about deals and he is always very pushy when I say no thanks. A few weeks ago I called and asked about current rates for a friend and when I wouldnt place a deposit for them, he was very irritated. Sorry, I like my friends but I'm not putting my hard earned money down for anyone who just shows a bit of interest, lol!

So today, I call to ask a few questions about an issue I may have with my cousin who is supposed to sail with us (you can read that thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218039&highlight=) I'm guessing he must have been in a really bad mood or something because he was just rude. Please dont think I am saying I am not happy with his answers, it's not that, we are fully aware of the terms and consequences if she cancels her booking, it is just his attitude every time I speak with him. I just dont want to deal with him anymore, I mean it's pretty bad when you dread calling your PVP to ask a question because you know your going to get your head bitten off (thats why I asked here first, I really didnt want to call him anyway)!

So I would just like to know if it is possible for me to transfer our reservations to a travel agent? We booked in Feb., have about 130+ days until sailing and are not paid in full.

I used an agent for my first few cruises, but then started booking directly with Carnival because I like to have full control over my reservations (the agent I was using was very hard to contact, we always had to play phone/email tag but she was really nice & helpful). The times I booked directly with Carnival it was through the group department because I was the group leader, never had any issues. Anyway this year I decided to use a PVP (because he called & emailed nonstop) so I finally gave in. When we originally booked he was not very friendly, almost rude actually. But I'm a very friendly, outgoing person, so I tried to blow it off and thought maybe he was just having a bad day. Well since we booked in Feb, he will call and tell me about deals and he is always very pushy when I say no thanks. A few weeks ago I called and asked about current rates for a friend and when I wouldnt place a deposit for them, he was very irritated. Sorry, I like my friends but I'm not putting my hard earned money down for anyone who just shows a bit of interest, lol!

So today, I call to ask a few questions about an issue I may have with my cousin who is supposed to sail with us (you can read that thread here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1218039&highlight=) I'm guessing he must have been in a really bad mood or something because he was just rude. Please dont think I am saying I am not happy with his answers, it's not that, we are fully aware of the terms and consequences if she cancels her booking, it is just his attitude every time I speak with him. I just dont want to deal with him anymore, I mean it's pretty bad when you dread calling your PVP to ask a question because you know your going to get your head bitten off (thats why I asked here first, I really didnt want to call him anyway)!

So I would just like to know if it is possible for me to transfer our reservations to a travel agent? We booked in Feb., have about 130+ days until sailing and are not paid in full.

You only have 30 days from date of booking to transfer your Carnival-booked cruise to the TA. He should have given you a PIN number that the TA will need.

Why not just call 800 number, ask for a supervisor and ask to change to a new PVP?

ken

You are not locked into using any one PVP, regardless of who you booked your cruise with. You can call the main Carnival # and talk to any PVP about your cruise. If you want, you can try a different one for each cruise till you find one you like. Just call 888-227-6482 and talk to the PVP who answers.

You only have 30 days from date of booking to transfer your Carnival-booked cruise to the TA. ken

Yes you can. Just contact your TA and they will take care of it for you.

Ken has the answer, bingo. the rule as of May 1, 2009, is you only have 30 days to transfer the booking to a TA.

either transfer it to another PVP, talk to a supervisor, or cancel and rebook, those seem like all the options I can think of.

Definately do not feel like you are stuck with this person.

While the TA transfer has to be within the first 30 days....you can change PVPs at any time.

Sometimes it takes trying a couple to find a good fit. We were lucky to get a great one right off the bat.

Ken has the answer, bingo. the rule as of May 1, 2009, is you only have 30 days to transfer the booking to a TA.

either transfer it to another PVP, talk to a supervisor, or cancel and rebook, those seem like all the options I can think of.

Why would it be necessary to cancel and rebook much less offering it as a suggestion when it is not necessary ??? Just contact CCL explain that they are not happy with their PVP and request a new PVP... simple method to solve this problem.

I have had good, and not so good PVPs. Right now I have a good one, so I call him when I need something. When I have a bad one, I don't even bother switching. I just call Carnival's 800 number, and talk to one of thier normal (non pvp) agents to book a cruise or ask a question.

No, you can just book online with Carnival and remove the PVP completely from the equation.

Booking on-line you're only going to have a choice of 10 cabins in each "sub" category (4X, 4B, 4C.....) .... personally I'd just switch PVP's. ken

I totally understand where you are coming from. I referred several of my friends to my PVP (who I have used for 7+ years) and on a later ocassion when I was booking another cruise with her, she complained that the people I had referred to her were a "pain" and "alot of trouble". No thanks for the referrals on anything and she was very short and rude to me. :(

We learn that using the PVP, give better rates, that the website, at least my pvp does.

As far as I know the pvp is going to give you the website rates. Unless something special just pops up and not at the website yet.

As far as I know the pvp is going to give you the website rates. Unless something special just pops up and not at the website yet.

If you dont know how to click on all the possible discounts you are entitled to, you might get a higher rate on the website.

Why would it be necessary to cancel and rebook much less offering it as a suggestion when it is not necessary ??? Just contact CCL explain that they are not happy with their PVP and request a new PVP... simple method to solve this problem.

cancel and rebook if they wanted to use a TA and the rates had not gone up.

As I said it was a list of possibilities ...wasnt suggesting one over another... only the OP knows what rate they booked and if the price was the same.

Maybe the OP wanted to use a TA?? Thats the way.

What do you think is the advantage of having a PVP vs calliing CCL and talking to the 1st person who answers and booking your cruise that way?

Just depends on your personal needs, if you want to just deal with one person and allow them to get to know your cruising needs, you can go the PVP route. If you do your own research and just need them to actually book the cabin, then going with the random person might work best.

They will all give you the same rates.

Some just like the hand holding/personal touch/ongoing business relationship.

If there is a next time that you deal with that PVP, just be direct and tell him that you do not appreciate his attitude and that you will gladly switch to another PVP.

More often than not when someone like this is giving rude service they continue to do it because no one challenges them. Hope you get a better PVP.

Archived