Can I price match to..

ava_girl_123

It is a balcony guarantee..So not a downgrade..:confused: But I think I understand what you mean. But someone could possibly get a higher balcony..

No price matching to any guarantees just your actual cabin category for early saver rates.

The guarantees while that can end up with a higher category than you they can also end up with very undesirable locations or full obstructions.

Am I able to price match ES rate 8K to a BL?

NO! You cannot Price match ES with a Guarantee (IS, OV, BL, ST) Rate, except as per below:

If the Guarantee Category (ST) above your ES 8K drops below your current 8K rate, you can give up your assigned 8K and get a "TBA" ST Guarantee.

Ken

NO! You cannot Price match ES with a Guarantee (IS, OV, BL, ST) Rate, except as per below:

If the Guarantee Category (ST) above your ES 8K drops below your current 8K rate, you can give up your assigned 8K and get a "TBA" ST Guarantee.

Ken

Lost me there...? I'm sorry..:confused:

You cant even price match a 8A to a BL, its below a 8A in Carnival's hierarchy... the only thing you can do to move to a BL is if you were in a OV and upgraded to it, cant price match even one category down, you want to price match 11 categorys down. 8A to 8K.

they arent going to let you, .... unless they make a mistake??

You cant even price match a 8A to a BL, its below a 8A in Carnival's hierarchy... the only thing you can do to move to a BL is if you were in a OV and upgraded to it, cant price match even one category down, you want to price match 11 categorys down. 8A to 8K.

they arent going to let you, .... unless they make a mistake??

I think I see.. so the BL are only 8A"S?

Nope, the are below 8As, and if you are on a ship with 7A, they are below that too... no one in any balcony can price match to any balcony guarantee. Steve fought them on it, he was in a 7A and wanted to price match to a BL, since it was impossible to get anything less than a 7A.

I think Carnival is doing this to make sure we can't price match easily. (been thru this myself with a lesser category)

Ava - a "BL" is a different booking, called a Guarantee Booking. If you book a "BL" you pay a lower fare and agree to take any Cabin defined as a Balcony (a 7A, 8A, 8B, 8C, 8D.....) that Carnival eventually assigns you. The allure of booking a Guarantee is that you are guaranteed the lowest cabin in that Category, which could be a 7A on some ships or an 8A on others, but you might be assigned a 8B or an 8C or.....).

But, ES price matching does not apply to "Guaranrtee) bookings, other than if you have an assigned Balcony cabin under ES, if the ST (Suite) Guarantee Rate drops below yours, you can give-up your assigned Balcony and take A Suite Guarantee and Carnival will eventually assign you some kind of Suite.

ken

Archived