What's on your Kindle?

Eve

DocJohnB - I too am one of those "cheap" Kindle book buyers. It irks me no end that some publishers are banding together and fixing the e prices at the same price as the discounted hardcovers. I have put up with multiple spacing and editing errors on many of my e-books but when the price was right it really didn't mater. But you can't tell me that the publisher cost for an e book (and it better be perfect for those prices) is the same as the cost for printing and distributing a hardcover. I hope those price fixing publishers find a decrease in their sales - as much as I don't need any more "real" books on my shelves, I'll be buying those titles from the used book vendors on Amazon. After all there a lots of Kindle books at the right price to keep me amused for a long time.

DH and I refuse to pay more than $9.99 for any book on our Kindles. If everyone would do this, maybe they would rethink their price fixing.

DH and I refuse to pay more than $9.99 for any book on our Kindles. If everyone would do this, maybe they would rethink their price fixing.

I'm TOTALLY onboard with this. There are thousands of authors whose books we have read that are nearly free. Many have been GREAT!

Carol Lee Just to let you know,I have my i pad cover and the flap can be turned up to block the light. Makes it very easy to read in the sunlight....plus I can check my e mail at the same time.

Does anyone have The Truth About Cruising by Jay Herring?

It just came out April 2010 and it is available on Kindle. (A ship's officer gives his veiws of what it's really like ... crew parties, work, etc. )

I'd love to hear thougths on this one.

KruzPrincess,

I "sorta" had the same thought before buying my first Kindle. However, I can now pack 20, 30 or 100 books for vacation and the weight never changes.

Another point, when reading in bed and "dozing off", the weight of the Kindle as it strikes my forehead is so much less than a hardback or a thick paperback. :D:eek::D:eek::D

A third point would be the cost of a "new" book in hardback vs a Kindle. The savings (not factoring in the cost of the Kindle) can be significant.

When I first got my Kindle it felt kind of "insubstantial" in my hands. Then I got a nice cover for it and it feels more like a book. I love it!!

Thanks for your thoughts on this. I usually (almost never now) buy a new book anymore. The idea of saving space and weight in packing is good. It's good to read your thoughts.

I have a Nook and really love it. I too am a bit disturbed by the gradually rise in prices from B&N along with, I guess, the other suppliers. I have found that if you snoop around in the "specials" area you can find some really good books at discounted prices.

I have picked up numerous good ideas for books on this thread - keep it going.

Jack

Just got it a couple of weeks ago when Amazon was no longer the sole sales of it: DH purchaese a gorgeous Van Gogh skin and the case which is great with a little handle and holes for the charge.

On kindle is Cautiva, French English and Spanish English dictionaries, Empire of the Summer Moons, The Passage-a Novel, Le Monde, Houston Chronicle, French Women Don't get Fat , Kindle Shortcuts

I have a Nook and really love it.

I also love my nook. Just finished a week on Bonaire and the Nook sure beat the 5 books (heavy) I carried with me last year!

For all Nook users: Check your local library to see if they loan Overdrive books. Overdrive books uses Adobe epub and they can be used on the Nook by "sideloading" them into the Nook. (Follow the instructions! Ask if you need help.) The Maryland Library System allows you to have 4 books checked out. The loan period is 2 weeks and you can place holds on books you would like to read but are signed out.

For Kindle users: Sorry :mad:

Can I transfer Adobe eBooks to an Amazon® Kindle? No. The Amazon Kindle does not currently support eBooks protected with Adobe DRM.

Archived