I'm Amazed?

frito58

How little people know about this sleepy little place. This is not a slam, just a general observation. We found Majahual in 06 before the hurricane when the streets were sand the speed bumps were boat ropes and most of the buildings were tents or buildings pieced together. I know its not much to a lot of people but to some of us it a quaint stop and one of our favorite places to visit. We have been treated well each time we have visited there. Looking foward to taking another group there this year.

How little people know about this sleepy little place. This is not a slam, just a general observation. We found Majahual in 06 before the hurricane when the streets were sand the speed bumps were boat ropes and most of the buildings were tents or buildings pieced together. I know its not much to a lot of people but to some of us it a quaint stop and one of our favorite places to visit. We have been treated well each time we have visited there. Looking foward to taking another group there this year.

I think you'll be the ones AMAZED! by the transformation post Dean. No longer your sleepy little village. And the area just outside the port is full of construction and new stores. Lots of places springing up where older things have gone away (like Cat's Meow) . I forget which thread here has a newer map linked on it. You may need it to find your way. I do understand that Cha Chi, just north of the port area, with it's "hole in thewall" entrance has reopened, same owners, same amenities as pre Dean.

Oh we were there last year , it was amazing how much destruction was still evident . I was impressed how well they rebuilt. At least it had some modern restroom facilties LOL. We had a blast there , I was even served Lobster tail on the beach , not sure I could have got that pre hurricane no way to keep it frozen.

I'm just saying I was reading how a lot of people don't even realize the downtown area even exist one person was even complaing about how bad it was LOL . We are looking foward to another relaxing day by the beach buckets of beer , maybe even a lobster tail and by the way it was fantastic. :D

Not frito58, but for us, downtown is the village of Majuhual, south of the cruise port. We walk the malecon, looking for a beach bar/restaurant to park for a while and enjoy the scenery, cheap drinks and great food.

Less than a 10 minute cab ride -- $3 to and $2 back to the port per person.

Yes that is right it's the town of Majahual. We have no particular favorite place. I like to dicker so we started asking how much for buckets of beer. Most were about the same one guy threw in some free nachos and free tequila shooters and we stayed he had a nice shade area a must fo me. So we stayed for the day . They were great waited on us hand and foot , we ate and drank all day . like I said I had lobster tail we had some other friends there and our bill was like $100. My wife spent her afternoon finding a cowboy hat she wanted one but only wanted to spend $10 finally found a guy to sell her one that she liked for that.

Archived