Ever been upgraded from a balcony guarantee to a suite?

wezie

I am in a Mini and hoping for an upgrade to a nicer Mini or a suite But I am not holding my breath, hehehehe. Final payment due Tuesday AND no cabin assignment yet. With my luck I will not know until I board Sept 5.... Oh well we can always hope

Ter

Hi. I was just curious if anyone has ever been upgraded from a balcony guarantee to a suite.:p

We have been upgraded from a balcony to a suite three times. Twice with Princess. The other time with HAL from a balcony to a deluxe veranda suite. With HAL we were upgraded at the pier. We have been on 60 cruises, the majority with Princess. We have been fortunate with upgrades and it doesn't seem to matter whether we book a guarantee or select a cabin. You never know how they decide to give upgrades. Hope you get lucky.

Evelyn

Hi. I was just curious if anyone has ever been upgraded from a balcony guarantee to a suite.:p

A balcony to a full suite? Heck, it took me 25 Princess cruises to go from the highest mini suite (category AA) to a full suite, and the full suite was the worst stateroom we have ever sailed in because of the noise 24/7. It just reminded me that sometimes those upgrades are nothing to write home about as all upgrades are not great upgrades. ;)

A balcony to a full suite? Heck, it took me 25 Princess cruises to go from the highest mini suite (category AA) to a full suite, and the full suite was the worst stateroom we have ever sailed in because of the noise 24/7. It just reminded me that sometimes those upgrades are nothing to write home about as all upgrades are not great upgrades. ;)

Hope springs eternal.....:):):)

Bob

Back in 02 we had gotten a pretty good deal for a balcony guarantee for a 7 day caribbean cruise ($727 pp total) so my in-laws decided to book the same cruise because they wanted to join us. They booked four weeks before the sailiing and sat in guarantee status until 3 days before we sailed.

They were asssigned a VS, had been on 12 Princess cruises before this, and they were just THRILLED!

It DOES happen! :)

Just after 9/11 we were upgraded to a full suite on theGrand.We had been cruising with Princess over 11 years then but had not retired so did not have major number of cruises.Kathe

...It just reminded me that sometimes those upgrades are nothing to write home about as all upgrades are not great upgrades. ;)

Yes, not all upgrades are created equal... An upgrade from AA to Suite two years ago was not all positive although appreciated. But we were delighted; correct that, flabbergasted to have been upgraded from balcony to suite this spring. As it turned out it was the finest accommodation we had ever experienced with any line. We wish we knew what brought this about in order to lay plans for a repeat but the answers escape us.

Archived