Considering booking Silversea 1st time

woodsleighroc

My husband and I are about to book either 17th July or 18th July on Spirit or Wind respectively around the Med - we haven't been with Silverseas before - our only cruise experiences are to the Antarctic with Explorer and with Hebridean (before they sold up) around Greek Islands.

We are looking for a nice, chilled, relaxing time with good food and service; preferably no kids (been there, done that) and nice people.

Any comments from seasoned Silverseas guests would be very much appreciated. (We are in our early 50's).

I think you would love it. Very few, if any kids (one of the main things I was looking for also), great staff, wonderful food, very nice people. I am 40's, hubby early 50's and we found the people to be great - some older and some younger with the vast majority being quite friendly and not "stuffy" or overly impressed with themselves.

Going again this fall. Can't wait!!:)

I'm going to echo what the others have already said. We sailed on the Wind in April, and it's was fantastic. No children, great service, good food, and nice people. We met some really nice fellow travelers, and had a wonderful time. We booked another cruise while still on board, and can't wait to go back. I'm mid 40's, and my husband is early 50's.

Please remember that July is during school holiday and the chances of children aboard are greater than in April. Still it should not be a real problem as there will not be too many. I do agree about kids (they don't belong) on a luxury ship though.

Please remember that July is during school holiday and the chances of children aboard are greater than in April. Still it should not be a real problem as there will not be too many. I do agree about kids (they don't belong) on a luxury ship though.

My last Silversea cruise in March, had too many kids onboard. While not at the mass market level, there were times in public spaces, when there was no peace or quiet. I helped raise a young boy myself and am well past looking for relaxation with loud children in the background.

I don't blame Silversea, however, I do blame the insensitive parents. I would never have brought young Josh on a Silversea cruise. Disney, definitely!

We have been on 6 cruises with Silversea over the past 5 years and the first two were in the Med. One was in July and there were 3 children under 10 on board who all behaved impeccably. The staff are Silversea's main strength. They learn the names of their guests and really know the meaning of service. We are around your age and love our days on Silversea.

We just got off the Spirit; Venice to Athens sailing. As has been mentioned the ship was not full. However, there were 2 - 3 large extended families with small children. The parents did not seem to care and these kids were out of control at times. During our first night dinner at Hot Rocks there were 2 kids that were screaming. The parents were no where to be found. My wife and I watched the staff cringing....Having said this, the cruise was fabulous. We were just somewhat surprised by this.

Neilio

The staff should have located the parents. Isn't that what a PA system is for??? Children should not be left unattended for any reason, especially in a dining venue. I wish SS would not allow any children under 12 or any age on their ships. And why these stupid, yes, stupid parents would bring their offspring on a luxury line is beyond comprehension. Hire a nanny and keep them home.

Archived