Buy now or Wait?

supermike

We are looking to head to the Mexican Riviera on Carnival in May of 2011. Carnival offers a decent early bird package deal but my question is qould it be better to wait a bit? Maybe grab a "past cruiser" discount or get an expedia rate that might include some on board credits?

We are looking to head to the Mexican Riviera on Carnival in May of 2011. Carnival offers a decent early bird package deal but my question is qould it be better to wait a bit? Maybe grab a "past cruiser" discount or get an expedia rate that might include some on board credits?

If you know you will definitely go on this cruise, grab the Early Saver rate. If the rate goes down, ask your agent to get it lower, as this is what the Early Saver rate allows you to do. But this rate does require a non-refundable deposit at time of booking. Any change to date will result in a $50 fee.

My agent even offer OBC when I book the cruise at this program rate. Check with yours to see if they can offer you any.

I'd say if you're really set on this cruise then go with the easy saver rate. Even if you find a better past guest rate (or other lower rate) as long as it's the same cabin category you booked you'll get on board credit for the lower price difference. Seems like a win win to me.

I book as early as I can and then watch the rates thereafter. If there is a price decrease, call Carnival and ask to have the difference applied to your outstanding balance. They will do it if you ask up until final payment. After that point it is what it is...

Archived