Nieuw Amsterdam - how tiny are the inside cabisn?

ziggy666

My worry there would be the public deck above the main deck. Was noise a factor? :confused:

We were on the right-hand/starboard side of the ship with probably a part of the Queen's Lounge above us. We tend to go to bed early. We could heard the HAL Cats only a couple of nights during the entire cruise and it wasn't very loud. Plus, they stop playing around a 11 or 11:30 PM. I was so happy to get that room that I didn't think about what was above us. If you can get an Inside on the Main Deck, I would go for it.

I've been in a friend's tiny inside cabin on the Noordam. I don't know the exact category, but it wasn't one of the large square ones. She (a single) had the room steward change the queen into twins. This gave her a wider isle in the middle and more maneuverability than having narrow space on each side of the queen.

What about the "J" inside cabins forward on Upper Verandah deck on Vista ships. They look like larger inside and also, it look as if you can go a little way up the hall and walk out to the front of the ship on an open large deck? I think there are similar J cabins on the deck above that also.

What about the "J" inside cabins forward on Upper Verandah deck on Vista ships. They look like larger inside and also, it look as if you can go a little way up the hall and walk out to the front of the ship on an open large deck? I think there are similar J cabins on the deck above that also.

These would be the typical "large inside" for the Vista/Signature ships. That is, they are smaller than the J-category cabins on the S- and R-classes, and much smaller than the J-category cabins on Main Deck, but larger than the "standard insides".

Yes, there is an outside deck forward. It may be open in port, and as you leave port, but don't count on it then (it was closed when I sailed from Venice. how I wanted to watch from there!). It will absolutely be closed when the ship is sailing.

Has anyone stayed in or peeked into the IA (inside spa) cabins on Eurodam? (same cabins also on N-A). I've heard mixed reviews about their size and whether the location and "spa" amenities justify the increase in price.

We really enjoyed our inside J class interior rooms.

Eurodam Nov cruise.

We had a room for our older children in this same category on the eurodam and I agree the j category on the main deck are very spacious. They were in j 1068.

How about the "I" category insides on Eurodam and N/A. For example, 8037 and those next to it look large but they are under the pool area...will there be noise from there?

Similarly 6073 etc looks like another large "I" cabin but seems to be under the Neptune lounge. Will noise be an issue there?:confused:

Archived