Reservations

SEASMOM

Because the inventory of available cabins is constantly turning over, an agent can give you a count of available cabins for that moment in time. The cruise line won’t have an accurate number until the ship actually sails. That being said, check availability a few days after final payment is due will give you a close idea as to how full a ship is likely to be.

The cruise lines are motivated to sail with full ships so they will do whatever it takes to make that happen. If a ship is “sold out” you can always waitlist at full fare and the cruise line will offer booked guests who are hold the cabin you want incentives to get them to change cabins or departures.

Aunty Pat

Barefoot Windjammer - Phantom ‘81

K&D German Rhine Line ‘84

NCL - Norway ’85, Pride of America ’05, Southward ’87, Star ’97 & ‘05, Starward ’92, Sun ’02 & Windward ’93

RCCL - Song of America ‘89

American Hawaiian - Independence ‘98

HAL - Volendam ’99, Noordam ’06, Oosterdam ’07 & ‘09, Statendam ’02 & ‘08, Prinsendam ’03 & ’06, Westerdam ‘09 & Zuiderdam ’04, ’06 & ’07

Carnival - Spirit ‘05

Celebrity – Summit ‘05

Cruise West - Yorktown Clipper ‘06

Princess - Golden Princess ‘07

A & K - East Queen ‘07

Cunard - QM2 ’08

Crystal – Serenity ‘09

• 2 months later...

first time this happened, FINALLY found "the cruise" only to find out the cabin type is sold out, I was offered a "waitlist" and made deposit. Final payment isnt till Nov.

Anyone ever "lose" out on the cruise? Does RCCL usually make concessions(upgrades or such?)

Should I keep looking AGAIN. :rolleyes:

We always book early so I am not sure how to help you but I can give my two cents worth and I hope it does help:).

If I were you and placed on a waiting list I don't think I would wait for someone to call me. I would call every day, maybe twice a day. Then I would just tell the person answering the phone that I am on a waiting list and was just calling to see if there were any cancellations.

Archived