Same ship / did shows change?

Cajun Reefer

My wife and I are thinking about booking a cruise on the Carnival Miracle on Nov. 19, 2010 from Fort Lauderdale to Aruba. My only concern is that we were on the Miracle on 11/04/09 to St. Lucia, St. Maarten, & St. Kitts. Does anyone know how often they change out their shows and cruise director? Do Carnival booking agents have access to this info?

Thank you for your time and assistance!

The shows will still be the same. They will be Ticket To Ride, Generations, and SWTBB (I think it is Swinging with the Big Band, but I'm not sure).

The cruise director will be Malcolm Burn.

I can say that I just got off the Miracle a few days ago and these were the shows that we had.....except it's Singing with the Big Band

we also had Film within a Film which is a silent film sketch that Malcolm does with random people he picks from the audience....

We sail about three times per year and have seen some of the shows 3x already.

As long as they have a good piano player/lounge group other entertainment is fine but if not can be kind of boring and eventually push us to other cruise lines.

However if comedy club does become fleetwide than that will keep us here for sure.

I can say that I just got off the Miracle a few days ago and these were the shows that we had.....except it's Singing with the Big Band

we also had Film within a Film which is a silent film sketch that Malcolm does with random people he picks from the audience....

Did you or will you write a trip report? These are the same ports (exotic eastern) we're looking to do next year and I'd love to hear about your Miracle cruise.

Did you or will you write a trip report? These are the same ports (exotic eastern) we're looking to do next year and I'd love to hear about your Miracle cruise.

I have been thinking about it....another girl from my roll call may as well.

for now here are the capers

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1221163

We sailed the same ship two years in a row, and they had the same EVERYTHING.

We took an opportunity to try other things, and did not feel locked in to the dinner/bingo/show evening trilogy.

I dont mind the music shows being repeated ...but when its a comic and the jokes are line for line ... kind of bugs me.

We are booked on that cruise. The itenerary is wonderful. I wouldn't want to sit through the same shows over and over, but I don't cruise for the shows. Just curious, were you not happy with the cruise director?

The shows retain the same name, but they do actually change slightly from time to time depending on what, and how many production singers are aboard, and other factors. If you see them as often as I'm fortunate enough to, you'll notice that they add and subtract songs, and routines from the shows. I ALWAYS enjoy the big production shows aboard, even though I've seen them before. Of course, the other entertainment changes far more often. The comedians, touring musicians, hypnotists, jugglers, magicians and all the other variety entertainers, do in fact change fairly often.

"SKY"

The shows retain the same name, but they do actually change slightly from time to time depending on what, and how many production singers are aboard, and other factors. If you see them as often as I'm fortunate enough to, you'll notice that they add and subtract songs, and routines from the shows. I ALWAYS enjoy the big production shows aboard, even though I've seen them before. Of course, the other entertainment changes far more often. The comedians, touring musicians, hypnotists, jugglers, magicians and all the other variety entertainers, do in fact change fairly often.

"SKY"

However many of the shows that require props such as magicians will not change for years.

For example we were on the triumph 3x over about 3 years and saw the same exact magic show each time.

Also have seen comedians one year apart and they did the same routines.

A little more in the way of change would be great.

One of the nice things about jugglers is the shows will change and stay fresh as not much in props are required.

The shows retain the same name, but they do actually change slightly from time to time depending on what, and how many production singers are aboard, and other factors. If you see them as often as I'm fortunate enough to, you'll notice that they add and subtract songs, and routines from the shows.

"SKY"

No they don't. The shows are always the same... The only exception to that was Rock Down Broadway had three songs cut and one replaced because of a lawsuit (and now it's gone completely, replaced with Just Rock, also because of lawsuits).

No they don't. The shows are always the same... The only exception to that was Rock Down Broadway had three songs cut and one replaced because of a lawsuit (and now it's gone completely, replaced with Just Rock, also because of lawsuits).

I have to ask, why were the lawsuits filed? Do you know any of the circumstances?

So, considering all of the responses to this question I wonder does anyone know what the shows or entertainers are for the upcoming Triumph in September?

The Triumph will have Wonderful World and the Big Easy.

I have no idea who the entertainers will be.

Well EXCUSE ME! (Seems to me that having three songs cut, or being replaced by "Just Rock" is a change,,,but then that's just me I guess. :D

"SKY"

Completely understand what you're talking about there. That wasn't just a case of occasional re-blocking due to cuts in cast member size, but an entire loss of production.

Since you are "from the inside", any idea what CCL does with those props and costumes when shows are finished (at least those items that aren't thread-bare). I doubt there's much of a market on eBay for hydraulic pinball machines. :p :p

Thanks for any answers.

818062630_4YGuK-L.jpg

We are booked on that cruise. The itenerary is wonderful. I wouldn't want to sit through the same shows over and over, but I don't cruise for the shows. Just curious, were you not happy with the cruise director?

comeon530,

No, Malcolm, the cruise director, was fine. "WooHoo!" We were just looking for a slight change all the way around. I was hoping the shows changed at least every year. And if I'm not mistaken, I think some of the employees sign contracts of about 6 months at a time. Some long term, some a little shorter.

Completely understand what you're talking about there. That wasn't just a case of occasional re-blocking due to cuts in cast member size, but an entire loss of production.

Since you are "from the inside", any idea what CCL does with those props and costumes when shows are finished (at least those items that aren't thread-bare). I doubt there's much of a market on eBay for hydraulic pinball machines. :p :p

Thanks for any answers.

818062630_4YGuK-L.jpg

They might put them in a warehouse, storage type area and when it is time for another ship to get a new show, they put that show on the other ship and use all the stuff from the other ship.

I have to ask, why were the lawsuits filed? Do you know any of the circumstances?

The first one was because RUG (Really Useful Group) sued for using Andrew Lloyd Webber songs. Not sure who did the second one.

So, considering all of the responses to this question I wonder does anyone know what the shows or entertainers are for the upcoming Triumph in September?

The fly-ons aren't booked until the month before, so not even Carnival knows yet.

Archived