Very impressive customer relations!

Earlier today, I emailed Adam Goldstein to compliment the excellent service provided by the Voyager concierge.

This evening I received a reply from Mr. Goldstein thanking me for sending along the complimets.

I never anticipated receiving a response. Mr. Goldstein copied Mr. Fain and Israel Sanchez, the Voyager concierge.....I hope Mr. Sanchez was pleased to see the well deserved compliments and Mr. Goldstein's reply!

RCCL certainly made points with me today!

glad you got your reply. When we sent an email complimenting a staffer we also got a response. Hopefully they were recognized appropriatly.

Thats all I hope for, if you send in a email to compliment someone on their superior service, i hope those employees are actually made aware of the compliments that have been sent along to them.

After one of our cruises on Adventure I also had some staff that I felt deserved more recognition than just mentioning them on our guest survey card so I wrote a letter to Adam Goldstein. I, too, received a response. I hope that the recgnition did make it back to the staff that I mentioned as the letter assured me that it would.

Earlier today, I emailed Adam Goldstein to compliment the excellent service provided by the Voyager concierge.

This evening I received a reply from Mr. Goldstein thanking me for sending along the complimets.

I never anticipated receiving a response. Mr. Goldstein copied Mr. Fain and Israel Sanchez, the Voyager concierge.....I hope Mr. Sanchez was pleased to see the well deserved compliments and Mr. Goldstein's reply!

RCCL certainly made points with me today!

Good for you for emailing AG! We also found Israel Sanchez to be very professional, warm and caring. He made our experience on the Voyager a great one. Kudos to Israel.

Israel has just emailed me his thanks for the compliments to Mr. Goldstein.

It appears I wrote in the nick of time. He leaves for his contract break tomorrow and will then return to the Voyager. The response from Mr. Goldstein probably gave him a nice send off!

That is great. I have done the same in the past and have always got a response. It is nice for people to let RCCL know that they are doing a good job because they usually only hear about where they fell short. As a business owner myself, I like to hear when I have fallen short of expectations and I love to hear when I have exceeded those expectations. We have a saying in my business:

"You have not done a good enough job until you hear the customer say WOW". The word WOW is the strongest word in the customer service industry.

I totally agree with you other posters. Almost every time we cruise, I send a note to the hotel dirrector on the ship at the end of the cruise. When we get home,

I usually e-mail Miami with names and compliments--or in only 1 case a complaint.

I have always gotten a written return e-mail, but most of the time I get a call. These communications ARE important to the people in Miami, and they definitely do get back to the people who served us. Since we sail on the same ship (Galveston) most of the time, the next time we are onboard, we are thanked for the

communication sent to Miami. One of our great friends on the Voyager swears that he became Maitre d' because of our letters.:) The employees work very hard and deserve to be recognized!

I also agree about Israel; he is absolutely fantastic, and is in the perfect job for his personality and dedication. He, too, works very hard, but always has time to be friendly and multi-task. He even fixed me a

special drink, "the Israel Special" I have named it. When you are onboard with him, ask him about an

"Israel Special." He will think that's funny.

Happy weekend to all, :D

Cruzin Lady

when you email RCI or write a letter our we were required to try and make a phone call first. Sometimes if there are too many emails/letters we would call once and leave a message thanking for the compliments (if a complaint we would not leave a message and just write a letter/email.

Also, when ever the compliment mentioned a specific employee we would email the employee's manager and they usually share the comments with the employee personally or sometimes they would read the email at a staff meeting.

So yes, if you got excellent service from an employee (shipside or shoreside), please send them into RCI. The employees really appreciate it. I know teh few times a letter came in complimenting it made my week.

I totally agree with you other posters. Almost every time we cruise, I send a note to the hotel dirrector on the ship at the end of the cruise. When we get home,

I usually e-mail Miami with names and compliments--or in only 1 case a complaint.

I have always gotten a written return e-mail, but most of the time I get a call. These communications ARE important to the people in Miami, and they definitely do get back to the people who served us. Since we sail on the same ship (Galveston) most of the time, the next time we are onboard, we are thanked for the

communication sent to Miami. One of our great friends on the Voyager swears that he became Maitre d' because of our letters.:) The employees work very hard and deserve to be recognized!

I also agree about Israel; he is absolutely fantastic, and is in the perfect job for his personality and dedication. He, too, works very hard, but always has time to be friendly and multi-task. He even fixed me a

special drink, "the Israel Special" I have named it. When you are onboard with him, ask him about an

"Israel Special." He will think that's funny.

Happy weekend to all, :D

Cruzin Lady

Thats so funny cuz he made us a special drink too....called it LOV(Ladies of Voyager)............maybe he does that for a lot of us:p:p

One of the most important things that we can all do, is, if we have someone that is treated us above and beyond the call of duty.....to write their name on the comment card.

The cards are reviewed, and the crew are commended with favorable reviews.

The Home Office will send a nice email back, but the meat and potato's are given aboard ship.....to the crew member that has been mentioned.

There are too many to list here, of the special crew members that always seem to be there for us.

I extend my gratitude to those officers and crew members that have taken such good care of us.;)

Rick

We were on the Gradeur twice in March of this year and had the most wonderful people on the Customer Relations desk, especially the two young ladies - they were so congenial and couldn't do enough for us.

Also the cruise director was superb--a really nice ship for its size and look forward to sailing on her again:)

Archived