We are Losing Cruise Credits YIKES!

We have decided to go on Celebrity Solstice this August and I must tell you I am having tiny anxiety attacks about cruising and not gaining a RCCL point. Call me silly, stupid, whatever but the feeling is there. I keep telling myself 50 yrs from now it won’t make a difference! I obviously love RCCL, however sometimes the stars just do not align! Has anyone else stopped from booking another line from fear of losing that almighty credit?

I had posted this on Celebrity without thinking first:eek:

Well as soon as we hit diamond plus - which will be one more booked cruise and after current booked cruises are done - February Jewel cruise we will finally be diamond plus - Our good friends in Floida are diamond plus and I do want to be included in the concierge lounge - we did get in, in February due to a gliche and it was very nice - we've done a Celebrity cruise a few years ago, but are not happy with them - too subdued for us - a much older crowd and we are old - lol - close to 70.

Our travel agent is trying to get us to book because of different itineraries and she assures me that they have lifted some of their strict rules about dinner wear - we do not like to dress up formally almost every night. We like to look very nice, but hubby hates jackets and ties. He always takes a jacket along on our Royal cruises, but looks so sharp with his gray pants, black shirt and black sports jacket.

Actually she's trying to talk us into the Solstice - but maybe we will do it after we become diamond plus:)

We have decided to go on Celebrity Solstice this August and I must tell you I am having tiny anxiety attacks about cruising and not gaining a RCCL point. Call me silly, stupid, whatever but the feeling is there. I keep telling myself 50 yrs from now it won’t make a difference! I obviously love RCCL, however sometimes the stars just do not align! Has anyone else stopped from booking another line from fear of losing that almighty credit?

I had posted this on Celebrity without thinking first:eek:

We also will be sailing Celebrity for the first time in July. This would have been our 24th, if it had been on RCCL. I was getting a little anxious about RCCL raising the Diamond+ threshold, so booked a short cruise to hit the number.

I cruise because I like the itinerary, and if it happens to be an RCI cruise, well that is a plus, but I sail on Celebrity, Princess and RCI. Getting a cruise credit does not have any influence on what line we sail. Your subject title made me think you were somehow losing the credits you now have. That is not the case, you are not going to lose a credit by sailing on another cruiseline. You just are not going to get one more credit cause you won't be on RCI. You will probably still have a great cruise vacation.

Annieeee

The reason we are only booking Royal for the next two years is to get the credits. Once we get to D+ we will start booking other cruise lines again. We like the variety that cruising on differt line affords. Some times we feel like a Princess cruise other times a Carnival experience is what we are looking for. So yes we are booking only for the points and I have pased up some excellent cruises because of it.

BTW we cruise 4-5 times a year.

We love RCI .. but really could care less about any cruiseline's perks. From here on out we are booking cruises based on price and itineray. When the perks come so be it. These people that have never sailed anything other than one cruisline need to get out there and experience some others. We were very pleased with Princess and look forward to trying other cruiselines as well.

So you'll be gaining Celebrity points (and starting from wherever you are at RCL).

Maybe I am misinformed, but I don't think this correct . If you are Platinum on Royal, you are recognized as Select on Celebrity, and if you are Diamond on Royal you are recognized as Elite on Celebrity. However, that doesn't mean your credits transfer. If you Platinum with 9 credits on Royal and then sail Celebrity, that doesn't mean you then have 10 Celebrity credits and thus become Elite. You only have one credit, but are still recognized as Select due to your Royal status on your next cruise.

You know, if that sort of thing matters to you...

I think Joyride is correct. They will recognize your level on Celebrity but the points accrue independently.

I will be Diamond after our next cruise and I have been waiting to try Celebrity after getting the extra level. I don't expect to ever make Diamond+ so I'm not worried about not achieving the next level of recognition.

Maybe I am misinformed, but I don't think this correct . If you are Platinum on Royal, you are recognized as Select on Celebrity, and if you are Diamond on Royal you are recognized as Elite on Celebrity. However, that doesn't mean your credits transfer. If you Platinum with 9 credits on Royal and then sail Celebrity, that doesn't mean you then have 10 Celebrity credits and thus become Elite. You only have one credit, but are still recognized as Select due to your Royal status on your next cruise.

You know, if that sort of thing matters to you...

Nope you are not misinformed!

As others have said, I don´t book for any points.

What puzzles me is people who say we book x number of cruises to reach this or that level and then start booking with other lines. What does that gain you? If you are cruising other lines then your status doesn´t help you - am I missing something:confused:

Well as soon as we hit diamond plus - which will be one more booked cruise and after current booked cruises are done - February Jewel cruise we will finally be diamond plus - Our good friends in Floida are diamond plus and I do want to be included in the concierge lounge - we did get in, in February due to a gliche and it was very nice - we've done a Celebrity cruise a few years ago, but are not happy with them - too subdued for us - a much older crowd and we are old - lol - close to 70.

Our travel agent is trying to get us to book because of different itineraries and she assures me that they have lifted some of their strict rules about dinner wear - we do not like to dress up formally almost every night. We like to look very nice, but hubby hates jackets and ties. He always takes a jacket along on our Royal cruises, but looks so sharp with his gray pants, black shirt and black sports jacket.

Actually she's trying to talk us into the Solstice - but maybe we will do it after we become diamond plus:)

If you really want to get to D+, you might want to rebook for December. Supposedly a revamping of the cruise credit system is slated for January.

As others have said, I don´t book for any points.

What puzzles me is people who say we book x number of cruises to reach this or that level and then start booking with other lines. What does that gain you? If you are cruising other lines then your status doesn´t help you - am I missing something:confused:

I really like the product Royal has to offer but I would like to take advantage of cruises out of other ports. That includes (for a short time) Celebrity cruises out of Charleston.

For now the benefits of Diamond is significant and will always be a draw to stay with RCCL or Celebrity.

I really like the product Royal has to offer but I would like to take advantage of cruises out of other ports. That includes (for a short time) Celebrity cruises out of Charleston.

For now the benefits of Diamond is significant and will always be a draw to stay with RCCL or Celebrity.

Don´t get me wrong, there´s nothing wrong with trying other lines or staying loyal to one, I just don´t get it why I have to reach a certain status first, before looking at other lines.

NOPE! I am not loyal to one line, although we have cruised RCCL mostly. However, with the changes they are making, we are looking for an "adult" vacation next. So, we will be doing Celebrity. I will take lectures from the Smithsonian institute over cartoon characters on board any day! Doesn't matter how many points they throw at me, I cruise for the experience, atmosphere, and itinerary. If the line you are cruising on fits your needs, then by all means, stick with it. However, why sail on a cruise line that is not fitting your needs "just to get the points"??? To me, that makes absolutely NO sense.

We kind of felt that way when we cruised on the Solstice this year. I do think that it was worth it though. We got a great price and thought the food was so much better than RCCL. Most beautiful ship I have ever cruised on. We are diamond and have quite a few more credits to get. I can't see us getting to the plus status for a while anyway.

We are looking forward to the Oasis and I'm sure that we will want to try the Allure soon.

Not sure that we would go back soon.......

Don´t get me wrong, there´s nothing wrong with trying other lines or staying loyal to one, I just don´t get it why I have to reach a certain status first, before looking at other lines.

You don't. We have enjoyed cruising on Royal and will only be looking at other cruiselines because of ports. I think with the shorter cruises we take the pricing is not going to be that different and with the balcony discounts and next cruise credits, etc. Royal is a good value for us.

We had not thought about trying other lines but at about 8 cruise credits Celebrity announced a ship home porting in Charleston for several months a year. The ship has since been sold and will be leaving the fleet next year, but I hope they will have another one filling that slot.

Another part of it for us is the use of the Royal Visa. We will be blowing all of our points on our first cruise as Diamond and then will be looking for a new travel card.

You don't. We have enjoyed cruising on Royal and will only be looking at other cruiselines because of ports. I think with the shorter cruises we take the pricing is not going to be that different and with the balcony discounts and next cruise credits, etc. Royal is a good value for us.

We had not thought about trying other lines but at about 8 cruise credits Celebrity announced a ship home porting in Charleston for several months a year. The ship has since been sold and will be leaving the fleet next year, but I hope they will have another one filling that slot.

Another part of it for us is the use of the Royal Visa. We will be blowing all of our points on our first cruise as Diamond and then will be looking for a new travel card.

We are doing the same thing. We are blowing all of our Royal Visa points as well. We are thinking of a cash back card and then just tracking the cash back, and making that our vacation fund. Although, Celebrity has a card similar to the RCCL Visa. We may check that out.

I have found that lots of RCI cruisers here on CC seem obsessed with "perks" and their status as diamond or diamond+, lots of discussions of minute changes to the rules, etc. There's also a lot of talk of loyalty to royal, like you're married to your vacation company or something. I think it's silly and I hope they don't put something in the water to turn you into a RCI zombie or something!

We are age 32 and very out going etc, it depends what ship and what time of year and where you sail on any cruise you can get different ages. We LOVE Celebrity and also enjoy RCCL. Solstice class is amazing and our favorite! We enjoy the Oasis class since we can dine in a different place each night and have great choices on what to do. But hands down X is simply more personal and much more an enjoyable relaxing time. Formal night is the only night you need to wear a jackt on Celebrity and it should be the same on RCCL I think if not go to the buffet or order room service.

We are treated like personal Family on Celebrity, as if we are like over 60 in age and cruised 100 time or something, so points aside its hard for us not to sail on X due to this treatment and personal relationships we have built in a small amount of time. We have booked the Allure for this coming march and look forward to it, but realize we will need to pay for the extras we like much more then we need to pay on X and we will enjoy all the Allure has to offer!

(we have been on a RCCL cruise with over 600 teens one week, and then another time same week different year it seemed we were the youngest of an average age of 60) it all depends! we enjoy both but X marks the spot to us

As of yesterday, I find myself with a HAL ship listed in my upcoming cruises. We had the Enchantment booked for Bermuda and then I saw this longer HAL cruise with more time in Bermuda and we decided to give it a shot. Talk about a strange feeling! Of all our D+ perks, I think I'll miss the priorty embarkation and disembarkation the most. (We don't drink if any of you are wondering why I would leave out a major perk like the Concierge Lounge.) It's also odd to go from being a fairly knowledgable RCI cruiser to being a total newbie again.

I did, though, pay my deposit with my RCI visa!

As of yesterday, I find myself with a HAL ship listed in my upcoming cruises. We had the Enchantment booked for Bermuda and then I saw this longer HAL cruise with more time in Bermuda and we decided to give it a shot. Talk about a strange feeling! Of all our D+ perks, I think I'll miss the priorty embarkation and disembarkation the most. (We don't drink if any of you are wondering why I would leave out a major perk like the Concierge Lounge.) It's also odd to go from being a fairly knowledgable RCI cruiser to being a total newbie again.

I did, though, pay my deposit with my RCI visa!

Celebrity Summit has longer bermuda cruises and if you are Diamond on RCCL you will be Elite on X

Archived