Any recommendations other than Native way

bchristie1074

If you're talking about swimming with the stingrays, we liked Captain Marvins.

We did Captain Marvin's as well. I think we had about 14 people on the boat. Definitely not crowded. Captain Marvin's also offers a land tour that you can do in conjunction with the Stingray Snorkel which we did and it worked out very well. Got to go to Hell, and the Turtle Farm. Few other stops, but the Turtle Farm was great as well. Got us back to the pier without any problems.

Tim

We just returned! We did a catamaran stingray tour and 2 snorkel stops with Captain Bryan's. It was lots of fun. The crew was very good with helping Grandpa/Grandma and also with the children. One crewmember snorkeled wtih the 6 yoa, just the two of them it was very nice. There was fruit punch and water on board also a bathroom (head). I didn't count but think about 25 people.

Elsie:cool:

We used Captain Marvins and loved it! The first thing they told us when we got onboard was "make yourselves at home" and we really did feel "at home". They had juices and water in a cooler for us and were really personable. It was the highlight of our cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, did you have issues with Native Way or are you just looking for a change? We're booked with Native Way on a Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour. I wanted to go to Rum Point and not many tour operators seem to go there.

Thanks for your feedback.

Evie

Our family of five did the Rays, Reef, and Rumpoint tour with Nativways on July 6. We loved the tour, however, we didn't get back into port until a little after 3:00 pm eastern and the last tender was supposed to be at 3:00 pm. Talk about some anxious moments. We were told that we would make our tender in time, that they were in contact with the people operating the tenders, and that there would be a long line waiting to board the tender, but we weren't confident. We did make it back in time, but it was a little too close for comfort. I would do the tour again, but I would make sure the tour guide knew exactly when the last tender left and I would want to be assured that we would get back with plenty of time to board the tender and not rush to get the last one. Most of the people on our boat (excursion) were from another ship that didn't leave port until later in the day, so they didn't have to worry about making their tender.

Yikes! Good to know. I'll definitely keep my eyes on the clock then. Our ship will leave at 4 PM as well so 3 PM would probably be the last tender in that case also. They stated the tour would end / we'd be returned to our ship around 2:15. Was that the same guidance you were given?

Hi, did you have issues with Native Way or are you just looking for a change? We're booked with Native Way on a Rays, Reef & Rum Point tour. I wanted to go to Rum Point and not many tour operators seem to go there.

Thanks for your feedback.

Evie

We have been on the Rum, Ray and Reef tour a couple of times with Nativeway and loved it. What I especially liked about this was that we got to go to Rum Point. After swimming with the rays, they passed around menus for Rum Point and phoned in our orders so when we got there, our lunches were ready to eat. You have to have a mudslide since this is where the drink was to have originated. Personally I wouldn't want to go on a tour that does not take you here.

With Captain Marvin, was there a canopy/cover on part of the boat? was there a marine toilet on board? was it easy to get/n at Stingray City? I have a slight disability and it needs to be fairly easy for me to do it. Thanks for any and all info.

EviesCruisin - Yes, we were supposed to be back at 2:15 pm Eastern also. With the last tender at 3:00 pm that should have been plenty of time to make the tender with time to spare. Just keep in mind that once you are at Rumpoint Beach, it is a good half hour (or more) boat ride and bus ride back to catch the tender. Hopefully that will help you keep track of time. I would still do this tour again now that I have a better idea of when I need to be back by and how about how long the ride back is. I did complain to the company and they said the tour operator should have assured us that we would make it back in time and that they are in constant contact with the tender operators. Our guy was on his radio alot, but did not hear conversation so I don't know for sure if he was in contact with tender operators or not. It would have been nice to have some assurance that we would make our tender though.

I have read nothing but great things about stingraysailing.com so that is who we booked with. They have been great at answering my questions quickly and are very helpful. Do a search for them on this forum and you will find lots of good info on them. They only allow 28 I think...it is a catamaran with free punch and water and you can buy other drinks such as beer or cocktails.

I second the recommendations for Moby Dick - they meet you at the port and we had a great time with them. They were very thoughtful with all the passengers...we are pretty good snorklers so for that portion took off to the reef - then realized the rest of the group weren't great at snorkling and got a bit more attention then us...feeling petulant we were kind of cranky when we returned. the crew actually went out of their way to ensure we got lots of time with the stingrays...I know we are not normally this childish - just wanted to emphasize how the crew ensured all the passengers received equal attention.

Can you tell me how many people were on the boat with capt. marvins? when i asked on the phone the girl would not tell me.

It's been a couple of years but I believe we had like 20 people on the boat. It wasn't crowded at all and the crew was incredible. If (when) we got back to Grand Cayman, we will use Capt Marvin's again.

Cheers, Kenn

We used Stingray Sailings last Feb. and had a great time even though it was cold and windy . They have a great catamaran and I think they only take a couple of dozen guests so it is more personalized. We will definetly use them again next visit. BTW, they have great T shirts for sail, my DH wears his proudly and it brings back great memories of that excursion.

My family & I did the Stingray City Tour with Moby Dick tour in January. We found the tour relatively uncrowded approx 15-20 people. The crew was excellent, made the trip fun & exciting... We kissed the Stingrays & hopefully will have seven years of good luck. They know the best spots & have a great staff. The morning is the best time. They have arranged discounts with a great restaurant back in the port.:)

Archived