N.E.S.S-Sign in here Epic Stalkers!

maja

I'm now getting down to the final prep. After about 1 1/2 yrs, the wait will soon be over.

I want to thank all the CC posters that have been by my side through it all.

Those wonderful moments of the Epic's first real photos, the sea trials & then the reviews. I know what the menu is in each dining room, what my cabin will be like & even the colors of the carpeting on each side of the ship!:p

I must now condense all the copy & pastes I've collected & stored & actually get ready to pack soon.

To all our new NESS members, though some of us have experienced the Epic by now, remember to keep this thread going & we'll be here to support your addiction.

I have to agree with everything you said, Maja!

I am SOOO Thankful to YOU - for starting this thread! It has been like my "cruise bible"!

I get to go "NEXT WEEK" !!!!!!!!

I have waited FOREVER to be able to say that!

My DH commented this am "What are you going to OBSESS about after this cruise is over?? I'm a little worried!" LOL

I started a Facebook group page for our group - and a member of the new band @ FatCats has been chatting with us. He says "You're going to LOVE this ship!"

This has been soo much fun! I've been in contact with a 'possible mystery guest' for our M&G... I'm going to have a review for you all to look forward to! :rolleyes:

We are booked in a Spa Suite (my first suite!!) so that will be a fun part to focus my review on - w / photos!

I truly think we should have a NESS cruise next year.

HEY, NCL - how about a nice discount for faithful followers of EPIC???

<shrugging> can't hurt to ask..:confused:

I'm now getting down to the final prep. After about 1 1/2 yrs, the wait will soon be over.

I want to thank all the CC posters that have been by my side through it all.

Those wonderful moments of the Epic's first real photos, the sea trials & then the reviews. I know what the menu is in each dining room, what my cabin will be like & even the colors of the carpeting on each side of the ship!:p

I must now condense all the copy & pastes I've collected & stored & actually get ready to pack soon.

To all our new NESS members, though some of us have experienced the Epic by now, remember to keep this thread going & we'll be here to support your addiction.

Hey Maja

After you have condense everything you have collected, if it is not to much trouble I would appreciate a copy (tropicalgurl1@gmail.com). I will be in a Studio, but just knowing things around the ship will help. I have been scouting post for different things like the cabin craw, slot pull, and finding our group mascot and such. So I have not had much time to do what you are doing. We are going Thanksgiving week. The cruise was named b4 I joined in on the posts,(Tropical Turkey Cruise) and I did find a Tropical Turkey for us. We have merchandise available to purchase for our cruise.. Go check it out.. www.cafepress.com/TropicalTurkey1 . I am so excited. We have a lot of people on the list for the meet & greet from earlier post, but a lot have not checked in on the post after the final payment. Not sure how to get a post out to them, since they have disable the private message. I have been checking the last post (of other subjects) of some of the people to see when they last posted and thought maybe I would be able to reach them thru the last post (hopefully). We need to get a head count for our meet & greet. Any other suggestions from anybody on how to contact folks?

I have to agree with everything you said, Maja!

I am SOOO Thankful to YOU - for starting this thread! It has been like my "cruise bible"!

My DH commented this am "What are you going to OBSESS about after this cruise is over?? I'm a little worried!" LOL

I started a Facebook group page for our group - and a member of the new band @ FatCats has been chatting with us. He says "You're going to LOVE this ship!"

This has been soo much fun! I've been in contact with a 'possible mystery guest' for our M&G... I'm going to have a review for you all to look forward to! :rolleyes:

We are booked in a Spa Suite (my first suite!!) so that will be a fun part to focus my review on - w / photos!

I truly think we should have a NESS cruise next year.

HEY, NCL - how about a nice discount for faithful followers of EPIC???

<shrugging> can't hurt to ask..:confused:

Tell your husband it's OBNESS & it means something like: On Board Norwegian Epic Ship Stalker! Print up a shirt like Mitsu did!!!!:D

Hey Maja

After you have condense everything you have collected, if it is not to much trouble I would appreciate a copy (tropicalgurl1@gmail.com). I will be in a Studio, but just knowing things around the ship will help. I have been scouting post for different things like the cabin craw, slot pull, and finding our group mascot and such. So I have not had much time to do what you are doing. We are going Thanksgiving week. The cruise was named b4 I joined in on the posts,(Tropical Turkey Cruise) and I did find a Tropical Turkey for us. We have merchandise available to purchase for our cruise.. Go check it out.. www.cafepress.com/TropicalTurkey1 . I am so excited. We have a lot of people on the list for the meet & greet from earlier post, but a lot have not checked in on the post after the final payment. Not sure how to get a post out to them, since they have disable the private message. I have been checking the last post (of other subjects) of some of the people to see when they last posted and thought maybe I would be able to reach them thru the last post (hopefully). We need to get a head count for our meet & greet. Any other suggestions from anybody on how to contact folks?

Are you really sure you want my "outline"??? ;) It's like 25 pages alreay!:D I'll email it to you when I get myself to stop obsessing & adding to it!!

Please just remind me in about 2 weeks. My email is: maryann2@comcast.net.

As far as reaching out to those on your board, you'll never really get a true count of those that end up attending the M&G. You might want to post about a week before the cruise to remind all & have them sign in again. Even so, that isn't a guarantee they will all show up. If you end up with a very low count, it's a good idea to reach out to the event coordinator & let her know.

My daughter & niece will be sailing the day you get off. I'm NESSing for them too! It's my niece's first cruise.

Tell your husband it's OBNESS & it means something like: On Board Norwegian Epic Ship Stalker! Print up a shirt like Mitsu did!!!!:D

We are doing shirts for the cruise - with our modified "i am epic / i am ness" on green shirt - to wear for boarding photos (so the ship will replace the green on the shirts - we WILL be EPIC) :rolleyes:

Thanks Maja

Going thru your 25 pages will be a lot easier than going thru the post trying to find info. I will put an alarm in my phone to remember to email you. My concerns for our group is...With all the negative posting earlier and with everyone posting b4 the final payment, I was wondering how many people cancelled and will not be going at all:confused:. My daughter in law, son and grandson cancelled a couple of days b4 the final payment due to restricted funds.:( We started looking at this cruise back in Dec of last year. We did not get in on any of the good deals we heard that everybody else was getting cause we knew nothing about cruise critic... Bummer.. could have gotten my Studio at half price for sure....

Have seen a couple of post from people asking question on other post and saw they were going on our Tropical Turkey Cruise, and asked them to check out our roll call, but they never post anything ... What's up with that!!!! I guess they are not "FOR-REAL NESS"... I am Pre-cruise NESS, I will be a Post-cruise NESS, I will be an OBNESS and a forever NESS... I want to thank you also for starting this thread....

Congrats on finally making it to the end of the countdown clock! :D It has been an incredible journey and your time has finally come. I hope you have the time of your life! It's been great stalking the Epic with you and I'm glad we became friends. :)

Have a wonderful cruise!

I did not print up a shirt, that is photoshop. ;) (just something I made up)

To all those sailing on Epic in the next few weeks - have a great time and hope you enjoy it as much as we did on our July 24 B2B fiesta.gif

I have finally posted photos - click on the smiley photosmile.gif to access

boeckli, Thanks for sharing your pictures!! I didn't think my anticipation could get much higher, but after seeing your pics I don't know how I'm going to get much of anything, other than packing, done the next two weeks!!! Wish ours was going to be a b2b. :)

We are doing shirts for the cruise - with our modified "i am epic / i am ness" on green shirt - to wear for boarding photos (so the ship will replace the green on the shirts - we WILL be EPIC) :rolleyes:

How does the green shirt work?

Examples anyone?

How does the green shirt work?

Examples anyone?

When you stand for your photo - before getting on the ship - you stand in front of a green screen. When they print up the photo, they put a picture of the ship behind you....works much the same way as the meteorologists map screens work when they do the weather on the news.

Anyway...when you wear something green, it appears invisible when they print the photo. We saw this on TONS of photos on the Dawn...people wearing green shirts - the shirt was replaced with the ship. Like wearing a see-thru shirt. Very hard to describe..but will have photo to show in 2 wks!

Well, I have to share something with my fellow Ness'ers.... hopefully you'll appreciate this.

I've been 'following' Andy Stuart on Twitter for this past year or so.

And watching all the web casts that they have had about EPIC.

I tweeted that I can't wait to get on EPIC next week...and he replied that he will be on as well. I invited him to our M&G and he accepted!

I am PSYCHED about it..

Posted on my roll call & on our facebook page - not one single comment.

Am I totally whacked for being so excited about this??

Would you be excited???

Ha! Make sure to post those. :)

boeckli, Thanks for sharing your pictures!! I didn't think my anticipation could get much higher, but after seeing your pics I don't know how I'm going to get much of anything, other than packing, done the next two weeks!!! Wish ours was going to be a b2b. :)

Glad you enjoyed them - have a wonderful cruise! :D

Well, I have to share something with my fellow Ness'ers.... hopefully you'll appreciate this.

I've been 'following' Andy Stuart on Twitter for this past year or so.

And watching all the web casts that they have had about EPIC.

I tweeted that I can't wait to get on EPIC next week...and he replied that he will be on as well. I invited him to our M&G and he accepted!

I am PSYCHED about it..

Posted on my roll call & on our facebook page - not one single comment.

Am I totally whacked for being so excited about this??

Would you be excited???

Not 1 person responded they were excited? So strange, but, then again, I'm sure most cruisers aren't aware of who he is. You might want to attach a YouTube video with a small comment & let everyone know that if there's someone you want to talk about the Epic with, it would be him!

When I was on the NY inaugural, Andy was present at the reception for the travel agents. The reception lasted about 15 mins. I didn't get to meet him, but he passed by & I was thrilled to see him in person.

To all those sailing on Epic in the next few weeks - have a great time and hope you enjoy it as much as we did on our July 24 B2B fiesta.gif

I have finally posted photos - click on the smiley photosmile.gif to access

Great photos....thank you for sharing.

Carp, the fall I took at Maho a couple of weeks ago did not turn out good. I finally went and had my hand checked. :(

Yep, it's broke. I'm right handed and typing and writing is not going to go well for a couple of weeks in school. CRAP! :mad:IMG_2395.jpg

How's it going with the cast?

Not 1 person responded they were excited? So strange, but, then again, I'm sure most cruisers aren't aware of who he is. You might want to attach a YouTube video with a small comment & let everyone know that if there's someone you want to talk about the Epic with, it would be him!

When I was on the NY inaugural, Andy was present at the reception for the travel agents. The reception lasted about 15 mins. I didn't get to meet him, but he passed by & I was thrilled to see him in person.

THANK YOU, MAJA!!

I KNEW I couldn't be the only one!

And, since our cruise is also a Travel Agent Conference (for Cruise1) and a LOT of our roll call members are TAs, I sure thought they would at least know who he is. (I am not a TA)

But yeah, not 1 comment!

I will find a YouTube and attach - what a great idea! Thank you!:D

Archived