aerobus from airport

schmil

how far is the aerobus stop at plaza catalunya from hotel colon.? also has anybody stayed at hotel colon? how is their 'buffet breakfast' is hotel close to activities? any and all info will be appreciated. ariving from west coast of us on friday am. thanks:)

I haven't stayed there, but here's a link to reviews on Tripadvisor: Reviews

Also, here's a google walking map from Placa Catalunya (where you'll get off of the airport bus) to the hotel. Map

I think it's a great location for the sites that you'll want to walk to, and convenient to the metro if you want to venture further (e.g. Sagrada).

Enjoy!:)

what about hotel jazz. how far from airport . how much for aerobus from airport to hotel jazz?

Hotel Jazz's website provides detailed info (& a map) in the section, "Location & Public Transportation".

The Areobus is 5 euros and is easy to find at the airport. You just pay the driver. There is plenty of luggage storage on the bus. It takes 30 to 45 minutes to get to Placa Catalunya depending on traffic.

....my only question is, where does the aerobus stop on that rather large square?

Beverly

Right at "A" in my map above - El Corte Ingles Dept. Store. Here's a link which gives more detailed info (scroll down to the section re the Aerobus stop at Placa Catalunya).

how far is the aerobus stop at plaza catalunya from hotel colon.? also has anybody stayed at hotel colon? how is their 'buffet breakfast' is hotel close to activities? any and all info will be appreciated. ariving from west coast of us on friday am. thanks:)

We have stayed at Hotel Colon several times. We love the hotel and the location.

The walk from Placa Cataluna is about 15-20 minutes, I would not want to walk that far with luggage.

The hotel breakfast is good but rather expensive. You may prefer to get breakfast elsewhere if watching costs.

The hotel is opposite the cathedral and is in the Barri Gothic district, It is about 10-15 minutes walk from Las Ramblas.

If you are there on a Sunday, do not miss the dancing in the square at mid-day just outside the hotel.

The Aerobus stops at the Northeast corner of the Placa Catalunya near the large department store. When we were there 2 of them were always waiting at the curb. they looked nice. I will try them next time, as the cabs overchaged me twice!

The Aerobus stops at the Northeast corner of the Placa Catalunya near the large department store. When we were there 2 of them were always waiting at the curb. they looked nice. I will try them next time, as the cabs overchaged me twice!

Yes...they're great. And with your luggage inside the bus, it's easy to keep an eye on it.

About the ticket price for the Aerobus. The website is confusing to me. There is a Simple Ticket for 5 euros and a Tourist Simple Ticket for 4 euros. I, of course would be a tourist, but what is the difference? Do you have to present out of county ID or something? Anyone have any experience with this? I know that I have to pay the driver as there are no ticket machines at Terminal 1. Just want things to go smoothly and quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

Here is another question.....someone on our rol vall said they had read that the Aerobus was i=only good if all you had was carryon luggage. This is not the impression I had. Am I way off?? Am I nuts to try to get 3 of us with 3 suitcases to our hotel near the Placa Catalunya using the Aerobus? Please someone help clarify!

Here is a link to a very good information page on the aerobus.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/transport/barcelona-airport-aerobus.html

You will also find lots of useful information about Barcelona on this website.

The bus is large and can take a lot of luggage. As long as you can load them on the bus yourself your checked luggage will be fine.

Be sure to have small denomination Euros as the driver may not change a large note. The price is €5.05. I do not know of any ‘tourist’ ticket unless you are thinking of the Barcelona Card. I think this offers a 20% discount. Which website are you referring to ronnie?

Information on Barcelona Card here

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/general/barcelona-card.html

Ahhh, I see they have updated the website 7/1/2010. The last time I looked at this site there were 3 categories not 2 with the last one labeled tourist. I see the cost has inched up a bit too. Good to have all the facts as we leave in 24 hours!! WooHoo

The Aerobus is now 5.05 euro one way. The price recently went up. It is a great convenient way to get to any hotel that is near Placa Espanya, Universitat, or Placa Catalunya.

You can easily see your hotels if you put their address/name into Google. It will show you a map and you can also use the SEARCH NEARBY function to find restaurants/stores.

Just back from cruise Barcelona to Venice. Planned to use Aerobus in Barcelona and Alilaguna in Venice to save money.

If its hot, take a cab. After a long flight, we hit passport control, collected luggage and dragging it behind us, we stepped out in the heat, there sits a cab that will take us directly to the hotel or I can take the bus and walk dragging luggage behind me. The cab won and cost $24 euro plus tip and we were dropped off at the hotel (Jazz) doorstep.

Exhaustion, in the heat and somehow a $20 euro savings just didn't seem worth it at that point. Worse yet - when in Venice - it's hot and there are tons of steps up and down and over bridges over the canals (no ramps) or pay $100 euro for a private water taxi to the AP - I chose the water taxi here too. I am very very frugal with my money but sometimes you have to assess the situation and decide if cheaper is really worth it at that point.

I agree I had planned on taking the aerobus when we stayed at hotel Jazz two years ago but when it actually came down to it the convenience of door to door for an extra 15 euros, we took the taxi. The stop for the bus is within an easy walking distance to the hotel but it is on a fairly busy street if you have lots of luggage.

Archived