RCCL: Children under 3 allowed on excursions?

ChiMimi69

First time traveling with a toddler. I was hoping to take an excursion to St. John's Trunk Bay. Do the ship's excursions allow children under 3 to come along? Some of these excursions take several hours and I hate the idea of leaving my baby in the nursery for that long. I don't see then reducing the price at all but, it seems unfair not to allow it if you want to enjoy a day at the beach as a family. :(

Check the specific excursion. Most allow toddlers and for an added bonus RCCL doesn't charge for them. I did this for a few excursions when my daughter was a under 3. I purchased the tickets online and when i put in her name for her excursion ticket, the cost came up $0.00. :p. Have a great time on your cruise.

Lisa

I don't see then reducing the price at all but, it seems unfair not to allow it if you want to enjoy a day at the beach as a family. :(

Just so you know ahead of time, children need to be over 3 at the time of sailing and completely potty-trained to attend the Adventure Ocean program. You may be able to arrange for in-cabin baby-sitting. You can do this excursion on your own and set your own schedule. Take a taxi to Red Hook, take the ferry to St. John, then another taxi to Trunk Bay. You can get the ferry schedules ahead of time. Check the St. Thomas/St. John boards for more info on how to do this. We have done this with kids at least 3 times.

Just so you know ahead of time, children need to be over 3 at the time of sailing and completely potty-trained to attend the Adventure Ocean program. You may be able to arrange for in-cabin baby-sitting. You can do this excursion on your own and set your own schedule. Take a taxi to Red Hook, take the ferry to St. John, then another taxi to Trunk Bay. You can get the ferry schedules ahead of time. Check the St. Thomas/St. John boards for more info on how to do this. We have done this with kids at least 3 times.

I'll be sailing on the Allure, so, I should have said Royal Babies instead of AO. :p.

Do you recall how long was the taxi ride to Red Hook from the ship? And then the one to Trunk Bay?

Trunk's Bay is gorgeous....we went, not to snorkel, but just to spend time on the beach! It's the prettiest, most sublime beach I've ever encountered! Anywhere!

I have to agree with you. My second fave is Lanikai Beach on Oahu and even then...it's not as lush but, the waters are beautiful. :)

I'll be sailing on the Allure, so, I should have said Royal Babies instead of AO. :p.

Do you recall how long was the taxi ride to Red Hook from the ship? And then the one to Trunk Bay?

Yeah, I just read on another thread that Allure and Oasis have a program for younger children. Sorry!

It takes about a half hour from the Havensight cruise terminal to Red Hook. Traveling with a little one, I would try to get a van taxi rather than the open-air type that are popular in St. Thomas. I would worry about the little-one's safety. When we went to St Thomas with my 12 mo DD, I rode in the cab of the taxi with my daughter in her car seat while the rest of the family rode in the open-air part. The ferry ride is about 1/2 hour. It takes about 15-20 minutes to ride to Trunk Bay from Cruz Bay. It will take over an hour to get there, but it is very "doable" and well worth the effort!

Archived