toulon gare maritime??? is this the correct port??

DONNAKG

I received this email from RCCL this morning ( we're on the Brilliance of the Seas (10/6) docking in France on Oct 7). After reading this thread, I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and was told it would be Toulon.

Kindly note that the ship is scheduled to dock at Mole Marépolis Berth, located across the bay (La Seyne sur Mer). However, please be advised that this information is subject to change. We can not guarantee where the ship will dock as this is dependent on weather conditions and if there are other ships in port.

We can suggest inquiring once onboard for further information.

Thank You and Enjoy Your Cruise,

Natasha Carulo

Shore Excursions & Explorations! Department

***Fax: 305.982.2547****

***Email: Shorex@rccl.com****

I guess they covered all bases - this is where we'll be docking, but then maybe we won't!

hi- We felt like Toulon was not user friendly at all.

Yes , you can rent a car, yes, you can call them when you arrive , if your

world phone actually works there, if you can understand French, & you like

to drive in very intense traffic.

We took the bus to the port drop off--- no taxis readily available--had to call & wait for one, missed the train , had to wait for the next one 1h1/2 later to

Cassis.(have to call another cab from the train drop off & wait again for them to drive the 2or3 miles ). but the little seaside town was lovely, small , took the caves tour.

good luck!

donnakg

I received this email from RCCL this morning ( we're on the Brilliance of the Seas (10/6) docking in France on Oct 7). After reading this thread, I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and was told it would be Toulon.

Kindly note that the ship is scheduled to dock at Mole Marépolis Berth, located across the bay (La Seyne sur Mer). However, please be advised that this information is subject to change. We can not guarantee where the ship will dock as this is dependent on weather conditions and if there are other ships in port.

We can suggest inquiring once onboard for further information.

Natasha Carulo

I guess they covered all bases - this is where we'll be docking, but then maybe we won't!

UPDATE 9/17/10: RECEIVED THIS EMAIL TODAY:

Kindly note, our tour operator has verified and has advised that the Brillance of the Seas on the 07th of October is suppose to dock in Toulon, City Center but only if weather permitting. Otherwise, the ship will berth at the pier in Marépolis. At this time, the ship itinerary is scheduled to be in port 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM.

Natasha Carulo

• 1 month later...

Just returned from our fantastic cruise! We docked in La Seyne Sur Mer (Marepolis). Marepolis is one of three terminals in the Port of Toulon. So if you ask RCCL where your docking, they will say the Port of Toulon, not really specifying which terminal. By the way, weather was beautiful http://www.imbertetphelippeau.com/port/

Archived