What can I bring to feed the monkeys?

Twinswithtwins

Does Victor have monkey food for sale? When we were in Puerto Vallarta the animal keeper gave us powdered baby formula to give to the monkeys. They loved it- licked our hands until it was gone. I've read on the boards that the monkeys were more thirsty than hungry. Any suggestions?

Does Victor have monkey food for sale? When we were in Puerto Vallarta the animal keeper gave us powdered baby formula to give to the monkeys. They loved it- licked our hands until it was gone. I've read on the boards that the monkeys were more thirsty than hungry. Any suggestions?

I don't recall him having any monkey food available. I would suggest grapes. If you have a breast shirt pocket, put one grape at a time in there. Don't worry, the monkeys will find it.

N4-Picture052.jpg

N3-IMG_1290.jpg

Where would you get grapes or other fruit to feed the monkeys?

You're not allowed to bring that off the ship.

Are you serious? I have not cruised although thought I shoud try it someday but if I am not allowed to bring a snack with me when leaving the ship then I guess I will continue to fly to my destinations.

Of course you could always stop at any vendor and buy fruit any day of the year, maybe not grapes but certainly fruit.

Try the rambutans, they are 20 or so for a dollar on the island, when I find them in the US they are over $.50 a piece

Where would you get grapes or other fruit to feed the monkeys?

You're not allowed to bring that off the ship.

The same place you would get grapes if you lived there - at the store.

I would NOT recommend trying to feed the monkeys unless Victor gives you something to feed them with. Some will bite. I'm sure Victor has them on a specific diet (they ain't starving) and anything outside that diet may harm their digestive system. Just ask Victor ( or the guide at Gumbalinda, if that's where you go) and let them tell you if its okay and give you the right food.

Are you serious? I have not cruised although thought I shoud try it someday but if I am not allowed to bring a snack with me when leaving the ship then I guess I will continue to fly to my destinations.

Of course you could always stop at any vendor and buy fruit any day of the year, maybe not grapes but certainly fruit.

Try the rambutans, they are 20 or so for a dollar on the island, when I find them in the US they are over $.50 a piece

You're only allowed to bring pre-packaged/sealed foods like small boxes of cereal, chips, etc.

NO fruit, sandwiches, cheese, etc.

They give them whole peanuts. It was given as a treat when we left the cage. I doubt they want them given anything except what they feed them. They use the peanuts for rewards. The deer, toucan and parrots were given these too.

We were at Victor's monkey place last week and we were given peanuts in the shells to give to the monkeys. Of course this was before I saw the thread about the monkeys biting!! I do remember that there was one in a cage and the guide said we couldn't go in as the monkey would bite! We were able to hold some of the younger ones.

Archived