Cabin sizes on the big sister ships

ActiveTraveler

While reading about the nearly identical sisters Crown, Emerald, and Ruby, I noticed in each one, the balcony cabins that are not suites (and definitely what I would book on a Princess ship) range in size from 233 to 285 square feet including their balconies. Why aren't they all the same size? Is this related to which deck they are on or the section of the ship (forward, midship, or aft) they are in? I read enough to know not to book one in the forward part of the ship, but otherwise, bigger is better because I will be on the ship more than 10 nights. I also was wondering if I have to pay more for the midship location or a certain deck.

I was thinking about sailing on the Golden after reading she has International Cafe but I read her balcony cabins are only 214-257 square feet and she is older than the biggest members of the Princess fleet.

Princess adds the square footage of the balcony into the size of the stateroom. Therefore the Caribe Deck balcony cabins will measure larger (when combining the balcony and interior space). The interior of the actual staterooms are all but identical, it is only the balcony size that differs. Caribe Deck balconies measure 9 ft by 9 ft, while other balconies will measure 9 ft by 5 ft. Mini suite balconies measure 9 ft by 7 ft (for comparison). Also, the Caribe Deck balcony is partially covered.

I thought that was the Dolphin Deck, which people said is not covered at all. :rolleyes:

So apparently I should not book one on the Caribe deck because of the room size. Got it. Thanks for the information.

Dolphin deck are all uncovered and I think they are all mini suites.

As Toto2Kansas said, all the balcony cabins are the same interior size, but Caribe deck balcony cabins have larger balconys, half covered half uncovered. The Caribe deck balconys are much sought after balcony cabins.

Yes, location, location, location will determine the price of a cabin.

I thought that was the Dolphin Deck, which people said is not covered at all. :rolleyes:

So apparently I should not book one on the Caribe deck because of the room size. Got it. Thanks for the information.

I don't think you quite understood what was said.

Caribe deck rooms are very desirable. The inside square footage of all balcony rooms is essentially the same. The Caribe deck balconies are larger. Therefore, the total space of these cabins is greater.

If you want a larger interior space, look to the mini-suites. On Princess these are generally well-priced relative to balcony cabins and you gain extra space in the cabin (a couch instead of just a single chair) and a larger bathroom with a tub.

Mini-suites on Dolphin deck are uncovered. Mini suites on Emerald deck are covered, and many people prefer them.

Archived