Pre-cruise dinner in Rome

nancy anne

Has anyone planned a pre-cruise dinner in Rome to meet others from the roll call? We will be there on a Sunday evening. Does anyone have recommendations for places that will take reservations for a larger group?

Nancy

I'd like to eat somewhere around the historic area. I think I'm the only one with hotel reservations yet. BTW, we're staying at the Albergo del Senato based on recommendations (your's included). Thanks so much for all the info and tips you post. I really enjoy them and value your tips.

Nancy

• 2 weeks later...

Eighteen of us from our roll call met at the restaurant named below the night before before our cruise. It was recommended to us by an Italian from Rome going on our cruise. It is near the Colosseum and was very nice. We were able to be in a private room which made for a good time. I don't know if it is open on Sunday.

Ristorante Massenzio ai Fori, Largo Corrado Ricci 2-6 00184, Roma

ristorantemassenzio@tiscali.it 06 679 07 06

metro: Coloseo

Eighteen of us from our roll call met at the restaurant named below the night before before our cruise. It was recommended to us by an Italian from Rome going on our cruise. It is near the Colosseum and was very nice. We were able to be in a private room which made for a good time. I don't know if it is open on Sunday.

I just looked at the restaurant's website to see if it is the one I thought it was. It was very close to where I stayed in Rome near the Imperial Fora.

It is open on Sunday nights.

Archived