Go Green for pre voyage documents

north east girl

But think of the fun that could be had at that line if there was a list - we could hear the immortal line uttered, "Your name's not on the list, so you're not coming in"!

You could open a viewing gallery for that and sell tickets! :D

:D The revenue from this could possibly buy a few extra drinks onboard.

Showing your membership card does not help if it is your first voyage and you are booked in Grills.

Another good point. Also for those of us who have just become platinum and not yet recieved their card. We'll have to take the chance that the gate keeper will believe us.;) Or just bring the page.

Denise

I just checked my VP for my forthcoming voyage and as well as having received my Pre-Voyage Documentation and Shore Excursions brochure in the post for my forthcoming voyage, it is also there as a pdf like you say.

I don't mind so much not having the wallet and tickets in the mail but I'm really disappointed they appear not to be sending these brochures out any more.

Hi, I got the impression that this was going to be a choice of going green for pre voyage docs or not.

Think I will check my VP out again.

Just checked out VP, it states you can opt to go green. It also states that the docs would be available online approx 86 days before voyage. There is a link to click to go green. Will wait and see what happens when I don't click to go green.

Catherine

Go Green sounds like a great idea. But if each passenger uses his/her personal computer/printer to print out documents, how is that going green? Knowing a bit about volume 'personalized' printing I question the effigacy of each passenger printing out their own documents as opposed to Cunard's ability to do so in a far more efficient manner.

Sorry, I'm not getting the "Go Green" concept...someone has to print out the tickets, right? And who can do that in the most efficent manner?

This is what it says in my VP:

In this environmentally conscious age, we can all assist in preserving our precious natural resources. At Cunard we take our responsibilities very seriously and are committed to reducing our environmental impact. To continue the support already given to this cause by your fellow guests, you have the option to ‘Go Green’ and view your voyage information online, rather than receiving it via post.

As your voyage is rapidly approaching, on this occasion we have already printed your pre-voyage information booklets. If you have not yet received this, it should arrive soon. In the meantime, you can also view your voyage information online by clicking on the link below.

PLEASE NOTE: go green does not include your holiday tickets or luggage labels – these are already in e-ticket format. You will need to print these and bring them with you when you check-in.

I just checked my VP for my forthcoming voyage and as well as having received my Pre-Voyage Documentation and Shore Excursions brochure in the post for my forthcoming voyage, it is also there as a pdf like you say.

I don't mind so much not having the wallet and tickets in the mail but I'm really disappointed they appear not to be sending these brochures out any more.

Ray, I received my Pre-Voyage Documentation and Shore Excursions brochure the other day as well. I find there is a lot of inuendo and heresay going around and much of it is not true.:)

What I would like to know is why does Cunard insist that you print out the E-Ticket. I don't think it's worth wasting the sheet of paper. Just let me show up at the pier with my Passport and credit card.

Denise

My experience in New York and Brooklyn boarding the QE2 in 2008 and the QM2 in 2009 was that no-one wanted to see the printed ticket (I consider it more of a document than a ticket) which I had in my hand. Our passports and credit cards were swiped and that was all the ID needed. This year, as we all know, passengers are instructed to print their e-ticket and bring it with them. On arriving at Pier 90 in Manhattan last month we were asked to show our e-tickets before being directed to the right queue. Then a US official of some sort wanted to see the e-ticket and passports. The check-in clerk also asked for the e-ticket.

Archived