Booking question, Please help!!!!!

stldmbfan

We've booked through the PVP with Carnival the past 2 bookings. Just liked the security of no 3rd party involved I guess. I think you will find the pricing approx. the same....not a comparison pro here though as we don't worry too much about saving $30 here and there....we just want the piece of mind of dealing direct. Hope I don't step on too many toes here.....it's just our personal preference.

We have booked our last two cruises direct. The cruiseline wouldn't even deal with us when there was a TA involved. Pricing went down for our Radiance sailing and I was able to call direct for the "free" upgrade. So much easier!

All the online sites and the Carnival site should show the same prices - Carnival instituted a policy (on Jan. 1st?) that says online sites can't ADVERTISE lower prices. So, to find lower prices, you need to call the online sites and get quotes. Many online sites will discount all their cruises 5-7% by rebating some of their commission. Other online sites do not discount Carnival's prices at all except for special sailings where they have purchased cabins at group rates. Carnival will NOT rebate any commission but seem to be easier to deal with directly according to other posters. Brick-n-mortar TAs I've dealt with in the past have typically been MUCH higher than online sites - that's just my experience. Finally, if you deal with online sites, you need to be careful about added fees - administration fees, cancel-booking fees, document mailing fees (costs extra to mail cruise documents to multiple addresses) and refusal to lower prices when Carnival's prices go down.

All in all, we've been fine with online sites - used them for 9 out of 10 cruises - and we've taken 8 of those 10 cruises and are going on the 9th next week and the 10th in late May. Oh, and the one brick-and-mortar TA we used (1st cruise) was VERY expensive and messed up our cabins.

Thank You all so much, I just booked today through Carnival directly!!!!:) ;)

Good for you! I used a PVP for the first time last month and I was very pleased with the customer service. I was even eligible for a past guest upgrade....I paid for an OV on the Main deck and now have an OV on Empress!

Tell us what cruise you booked:)

Thank You all so much, I just booked today through Carnival directly!!!!:) ;)

Great Choice! I booked my last cruise with a large on-line agency, and it was a nightmare. I was booked on NCL's Pride of America (for Hawaii), but the ship sunk at the shipyard it was being built at.

I didn't know anything about it until about three months later when I happened to stumble upon CC while doing research in preparation of the cruise. Travelocity never even bothered to send an email or call me to tell me about it. They simply booked me on another ship (the Pride of Aloha):mad:! It turned out to be a spectacular trip, but it was, and still is, very upsetting.

Needless to say, I cancelled my next cruise with them, and booked direct with a PVP.

I've booked my last five cruises through the same Carnival PVP.....after much research. Always very, very pleased with the outcome. I haven't cruised w/o receiving either upgrade prior to final payment, and/or shipboard credits after final payment. Love my PVP!

(A reminder - Cruise Critic rules do not allow names of any agencies or specific names of booking agents.):)

one question I have is that I called carnival back and asked the girl about an upgrade and she said there were none because the cruise is almost selling out. Is this right? Do you think I should qualify for onboard credits or an upgrade. For those who have gotten them, how did you? Thnaks;)

one question I have is that I called carnival back and asked the girl about an upgrade and she said there were none because the cruise is almost selling out. Is this right? Do you think I should qualify for onboard credits or an upgrade. For those who have gotten them, how did you? Thnaks;)

You would only be eligible for an upgrade/credit if the prices had gone down since you booked due to lots of available cabins on the ship, which you already know is not the case.

Archived