Princess Cays activity costs?

boomvan

Curious if anyone who has opted for a bungalow and when you are getting off the ship, do you get a special ticket for the tenders or how does that work. I thing I read that you get off the ship fairly fast, just wondering how it is done. We have rented one and I guess we will find out on the ship if anyone does not know. Any other special items about the bungalows would be appreciated.Thanks....

I heard another person say that, thanks for the reminder. I'm going for an eye check later this year and will ask about it. I think it's time since we love to snorkel & I'd love to see better to take photos.

I used a prescription mask on an excursion in Hawaii last year and was thrilled with the difference in what I saw. I am sailing on the Regal Princess in March so decided to purchase a prescription mask of my own, I am pleased with my experience working with Snorkel-Mart and placed an online order. After trying out 3 different masks, I found one that I feel will enhance my snorkeling experience. I worked with a rep from this company and was able to have a return label included with my order to send back the masks I didn't need. Definitely have your optician right down your prescription to make it easier to place an order. I believe the cost for the mask was around $67. Now when I go to Princess Cay for a day of lounging in the sun, I can easily snorkel whenever I wish.

Curious if anyone who has opted for a bungalow and when you are getting off the ship, do you get a special ticket for the tenders or how does that work. I thing I read that you get off the ship fairly fast, just wondering how it is done. We have rented one and I guess we will find out on the ship if anyone does not know. Any other special items about the bungalows would be appreciated.Thanks....

I did not rent a bungalow but I talked with some others who did. They get priority tendering. Princess treats this the same as they would a Princess Shore Excursion at another tender port.

• 2 weeks later...
We've been to princess Cays about 6 times. We are not beach type people but we always get off to enjoy the area for awhile... wife checks the shops... we enjoy a drink or two at the bar... the barbque is nice (never had sand in food)...tenders always have gone pretty smoothly..

We may only go ashore for two hours or so but we do enjoy it. We've been to other cruise lines beaches and Princess Cays is by far the best.

I can understand many folks take advantage of the day to enjoy the less crowded pools on board.

thanks for the info, going there for the first time later in the year.

We rented a bungalow and were very disappointed.

They are small, the A/C in ours did NOT work. No special service came with it. I had heard that the waiters would bring you your food, they did not which was especially difficult for me since my husband uses a scooter and he cannot carry anything and I would have to go get the food and bring it back and make 2 trips.

We had the AIBP and could not get the soda's we wanted. They finally brought us the soda's in cans and charged us for them. This was just when the AIBP was just changing over to no canned soda.

Since our bungalow didn't have A/C we only stayed on the island for about 1/2 hour because it was sooooooo hot. I did get my $200 back but I had to wait until I got home and write to Princess. The excursions desk would not help me with a refund.