Need hotel suggestion Ft Lauderdale please

robinsnest64

Just a get away for a couple of days. I haven't been there in years and DW hasn't ever been. I made reservations at the Opry for the 27th before the flood, so guess we'll get to see the Ryman Auditorium. Other than that we're just going to be tourists and hopefully find a few good places to eat :-)

The Mother Church of Country is the best place to see the Opry.

If you're out late hittin' the honky tonks on Lower Broadway the best place to eat late night is the Hermitage Diner. It's a NashVegas landmark and any of the locals can point you toward it. Just take First Avenue west a few blocks from Downtown until it turns into Hermitage Avenue. The Hermitage Cafe sits almost on the road itself on the right.

Another unique dining experience is the Loveless Cafe. It's a bit of a drive out of town and the opposite side of Nashville from the Sheraton Music City, but well worth the drive.

The Mother Church of Country is the best place to see the Opry.

If you're out late hittin' the honky tonks on Lower Broadway the best place to eat late night is the Hermitage Diner. It's a NashVegas landmark and any of the locals can point you toward it. Just take First Avenue west a few blocks from Downtown until it turns into Hermitage Avenue. The Hermitage Cafe sits almost on the road itself on the right.

Another unique dining experience is the Loveless Cafe. It's a bit of a drive out of town and the opposite side of Nashville from the Sheraton Music City, but well worth the drive.

Thanks for the info - both the Hermitage and the Loveless were on my short list from my earlier searches - they now go to the top of the list!

If you are going in prime season (Jan - April) you can forget about getting anything for under $100 unless you can find a roach motel.

I beg to differ. I have had a group at the Hyatt Place North for $99 plus tax from Hotwire and Hilton Garden Inn for the same the 20th of February (pre-arranged with shuttle). You just have to be diligent and shop the many sites on line to find a price that will work for you. I never stay below a 3 star hotel.

I beg to differ. I have had a group at the Hyatt Place North for $99 plus tax from Hotwire and Hilton Garden Inn for the same the 20th of February (pre-arranged with shuttle). You just have to be diligent and shop the many sites on line to find a price that will work for you. I never stay below a 3 star hotel.

I got the same hotel and rate for April 2, 2011 through Working Advantage from my job:D Only had to pay $2.00 for the shipping of certifate, no tax.

Have Had or Have?? and is it the Hyatt Place 17th street or the Hilton Garden Inn. Your post leaves alot of room for interpretation. If you have the Hyatt North then it is a better price than valuetrips. Valuetrips is showing $159 for Feb 2011.

• 4 weeks later...
I meant to add to my post above that I selected the Cambria Suites after reading TripAdvisor - they received the highest rating from customers and they were listed as a best buy.

We stayed at the Cambria in April before our Ruby Princess TA, and we loved it. The rooms were large and very clean, and the front desk staff was very helpful and easy to work with.

Archived