Tips for using a PackNPlay in an RCCL cabin?

We're looking at a cruise for our extended family that will include an 8 month old infant. we've been told that Royal will provide a PakNPlay (as long as we reserve it in advance) which is nice.

Now I'm wondering about the logistics of a Pak N Play in any of the non-suite sized cabins.

If you have experience arranging any type of cabin (Interior, OV, Large OV, or Balcony) with a Pak N Play, I'd love to hear about it!

thanks,

Mary

We're looking at a cruise for our extended family that will include an 8 month old infant. we've been told that Royal will provide a PakNPlay (as long as we reserve it in advance) which is nice.

Now I'm wondering about the logistics of a Pak N Play in any of the non-suite sized cabins.

If you have experience arranging any type of cabin (Interior, OV, Large OV, or Balcony) with a Pak N Play, I'd love to hear about it!

thanks,

Mary

i haven't cruised RCI, but my parents and sister have, and from my sisters review of the ships, thier staterooms are really tiny, even my parents junior suite. I travelled extensively with my daughter (now 5, turning 6 in a bit over a week on our next cruise) and found its typically easier in a small room to forgo the pack and play entirely, and use the sofa bed, with the back cushions up against the edge so they don't roll out (still do this for her, she sleeps much deeper on the ships, and rolls a lot) it saves room.

yes, that's our concern. found some pix of an inside cabin on webshots and wondered if the beds could be together, but against one side wall so instead of a little space on each side, the bed would be against the wall at the head and one side, then maybe enough room to put the pak n play?

does this make sense:

WALL/PakNPlay/Bed/Bed/WALL ?

the parents would have to crawl into bed from the foot, but then the PakNPlay wouldn't be taking what little floor space there is in the "main" part of the room. wonder if that would fit?

Mary

Get the largest cabin you can afford...none are huge... a JS is most like a hotel-sized room....it will work, but don't expect alot of walking or standing space!

Keeping the beds apart does help with floor space...although, sleeping in twin beds isn't my idea of a great vacation!

Get the largest cabin you can afford...none are huge... a JS is most like a hotel-sized room....it will work, but don't expect alot of walking or standing space!

Keeping the beds apart does help with floor space...although, sleeping in twin beds isn't my idea of a great vacation!

i completely disagree. not the info that you are looking for, but we were in a JS on the Indy and we had SO much room that we never had to close the PnP (or the stroller). the PnP was tucked in the far corner on the opposite side of the room from the couch. the armchair in the room was pushed up against and the stroller was parked next to that. we didnt block the couch or the balcony door at all and there was a TON of room for my 15 month old to run around.

I was on FOS in December with my DD (8 months back then) and my DH. We were in a promenade cabin on Deck 6. I originally booked an inside guarantee and was given a promenade cabin, I think this is where we lucked out! I reserved a pack n play, but it wasn't there when we arrived. I told my room steward and it was setup by the time we came back from dinner. To make room, we asked him to remove the small glass oval table between the bed and the sitting area by the window. So, if you're looking at the room layout, it would be wall (by the washroom), bed-bed, pack n play resting against the sofa, then sitting area by the bowed windows. There's just enough room between the bed and pack n play to stand up and move around or bend down. With the pack n play up against the sofa, there's still room to move around the desk / fridge area. It was a bit tight, but doable, considering we weren't in the cabin that much.

We could've used the sofa instead as previously mentioned, by my DD rolls around & moves a bit while she sleeps, so she would've rolled off the sofa for sure. The least amount of space in our cabin was at the foot of the bed. Just enough room for one person to walk by at a time. We also brought 2 strollers, a Combi one that folded up into the closet and a large jogging stroller. But, we got away with the jogging stroller as my parents were with me on that trip, and they had an accessible cabin, so we stored it there when we weren't using it in port.

I'm heading back to FOS in August, but this time we're in a D2 balcony (my first aft one too, woohoo!). But, I've reserved a pack n play again, and will probably do a similar set up.

I'll upload a pic when I get a chance. Hope this helps. Any other ?, ask!

we had 2 cribs in a carnival standard size room-- both were right in front of the sofa & there was plenty of room to move around (although we had to move them out of the way or collapse them to use the sofa

Have been in an OV/Inside with 1 PNP and frequently collapsed it to make more room during the day. We have made it work w/ all sizes of cabins-- if you do have a smaller size cabin- would check w/ the cruiseline to make sure they use PNP vs crib-- definitely helped us to be able to collapse the PNP vs metal crib that could not be moved out of the way

Would use caution w/ just having the child sleep in a regular bed-- our friends had a horrible time getting their toddler to sleep in their crib at home after they had spent the week on a bed during the cruise.

Wonderful cruise ended with weeks of battling the toddler at home, crib tent, etc

thanks,

Mary

Move the table to the closet or balcony, if you have one, when you want to assemble the pak n play. When baby is not going to use it take it up and store it in the corner.

Once you get there you will figure it out.

Move the table to the closet or balcony, if you have one, when you want to assemble the pak n play. When baby is not going to use it take it up and store it in the corner.

Once you get there you will figure it out.

On occasion our room steward has offered to take away a chair or coffee table for the duration of the cruise. LOTS of options-- you will make it work out once you get on board & sort out your preferences.

Archived