Single Supplement Deals for 2010

Observer

I just noticed on the SS website some very attractive single fares for selected 2010 saliings. See:

http://www.silversea.com/silversea.aspx?id=2395&page_type=Optional&page_id=programmes&menu_type=Optional

(Or if you can't click on the link, go to Special Offers from the SS homepage).

I do not know whether these are new or not. However, I just noticed them and do not recall their being referenced on the CC board.

As someone who likes Regent but has sworn off them with their single fares (now generally at least $1000/night, even at the "reduced" 50% supplement rate) and who likes Seabourn but is disappointed in their single rates, I find the SS move very encouraging. I understand that the lines would prefer to have two persons in a suite. But one person is far better than a vacancy.

As a frequent SS solo sailor, I was thrilled to receive an email from my TA with this news about 2010 single supplement cruises. I hope that SS - and the other luxury lines - will be more transparent with this information in the future. I often travel with other like-minded women who would happily pay the supplement, rather than share a suite.

Hi

I got an email from SS last night and these new lower single supplements are very encouraging.

Well done SS!

Cheers

Jennifer :)

...and I immediately forwarded the email to a single colleague of mine who has always complained about the size of the single supplements, and has a reservation on a different cruise line in the fall. She is likely to now book a Silversea cruise.

However, if this is a successful marketing strategy I expect the other cruise lines will adopt it too.

Archived