Freeport Jeep Adventure

Schoifmom

My DH and I are planning to take this excursion in Freeport. The description states that it stops for a while so that you can swim at a beach. Does anyone know which beach it stops at and if there are facilities in which you can change clothes? Has anyone done this excursion? What did you think?

We did this excursion last August and didn't care for it. We are a group of 4 ages 25-27. We stopped at the Tiano Beach for about 30/40 mins. You could swim if u wish, but noone did. The stop was really too short to swim.

We did this excurision last week and loved it. We toured much of the island in a jeep. Tour guides were wonderful. We stopped several times and they gave us history. Jeeps had radios so they could point out things while we drove. Lunch was provided and very good (we ate at the Garden of the Groves). Beach was the one listed in last post and although we didn't swim, enough time was provided to swim.

Highly recommended!

We did this excursion last August and didn't care for it. We are a group of 4 ages 25-27. We stopped at the Tiano Beach for about 30/40 mins. You could swim if u wish, but noone did. The stop was really too short to swim.

Thanks ... as we are a little older and probably much more restricted physically than you are (my DH has some health issues), we really aren't looking for a "beach" time as much as an accessible adventure. I appreciate your input. Sorry that you didn't care for it.

We did this excurision last week and loved it. We toured much of the island in a jeep. Tour guides were wonderful. We stopped several times and they gave us history. Jeeps had radios so they could point out things while we drove. Lunch was provided and very good (we ate at the Garden of the Groves). Beach was the one listed in last post and although we didn't swim, enough time was provided to swim.

Highly recommended!

Thanks! Did you book through your ship or independently?

I booked online, through the Carnival site. You will have the option of a standard or automatic. We had an older gentleman in our group who walked with a cane. He just parked closer to the areas we stopped at. It was a fun filled day. Like I said, we didn't swim, but enjoyed visiting the local shops at the beach, then sitting on the bar deck and visiting.

Thanks ... as we are a little older and probably much more restricted physically than you are (my DH has some health issues), we really aren't looking for a "beach" time as much as an accessible adventure. I appreciate your input. Sorry that you didn't care for it.

If you are looking for a slower paced excursion that is informative then the jeep tour would be good. We were looking for something a bit more active with less down time.

I must warn you though, the jeeps are standard jeeps with only 2 doors. The options of getting into the backseat is either by entering behind the front seat or climbing through the open back or side. Even being in our twenties entering the jeep to get into the backseat was a bit troublesome. You are in and out of the jeep a good number of times. You mentioned that your husband has soem health issues, I don't know whether they include physical limitations, but that is definitely something to consider.

If there are a group of you traveling you could all ride together in a jeep with everyone being aware that he would need to ride in the front. If it is just the two of you doing this excursion you will be paired with two others. Actually our group wasn't paired, people just ran to the jeeps they wanted to ride in and whoever ended up together was.

We are go with the flow kind of people. I am happy I learned the things I did about the island and enjoyed some portions of the tour. I would never let an excursion stop me from visiting an area or give me a poor outlook on an area. We will be returning this August as well.

Whatever you chose, have fun!

We did this tour last year and there were some automatic jeeps. We had one. Just make sure they know as soon as possible, because there is a possibility there won't be enough automatics. I know there were at least 4 because everyone in our group had automatics. I think it has about 9 or 10 jeeps in the excursion.

If you are looking for a slower paced excursion that is informative then the jeep tour would be good. We were looking for something a bit more active with less down time.

I must warn you though, the jeeps are standard jeeps with only 2 doors. The options of getting into the backseat is either by entering behind the front seat or climbing through the open back or side. Even being in our twenties entering the jeep to get into the backseat was a bit troublesome. You are in and out of the jeep a good number of times. You mentioned that your husband has soem health issues, I don't know whether they include physical limitations, but that is definitely something to consider.

If there are a group of you traveling you could all ride together in a jeep with everyone being aware that he would need to ride in the front. If it is just the two of you doing this excursion you will be paired with two others. Actually our group wasn't paired, people just ran to the jeeps they wanted to ride in and whoever ended up together was.

We are go with the flow kind of people. I am happy I learned the things I did about the island and enjoyed some portions of the tour. I would never let an excursion stop me from visiting an area or give me a poor outlook on an area. We will be returning this August as well.

Whatever you chose, have fun!

If people ran to the Jeep they wanted, is there a risk of families of 4 being broken up?

The way it worked last year (July 09) for our group was we were put on a shuttle to go get the jeeps. We had two families with 4 each and one with a family of 3. We were asked how many in our group, then, asked if anyone did not know how to drive a standard. We did not have to run for anything. Everyone was allowed in their own jeep, including the family of 3--no one else was put with them. It was very organized, and we had a good time. It was very hot though. There are only an alloted amount of automatics, so if you want one tell the tour guide as as soon as you get on the shuttle. I think his name was Omar, and he was really nice. Hope this helps, but keep in mind this was last year and things could have changed--but it seems like the routine was one they wouldn't break from.

Archived