Carnival Magic Questions Only

I know there will be LOTS of questions about the new Carnival Magic, so let's post all of them here....How many of you plan to book it as soon as it gets here? I've started doing some pricing already. Just wish she was doing some different ports.

Doug

I am hoping to book something soon as well. I too wish there were more itineraries. I really love the Itinerary for the 8-day Christmas 2011 cruise because I love Belize and Roatan but it's just so much more expensive. I wish they would offer that cruise more than just over Christmas. I have done the Grand Cayman/Cozumel/Jamaica route so often that I need something different and I don't want to sail on RCCL and I don't want to sail out of anywhere but Galveston. OH, and yes, I see that they also have the Bahamas cruise, but that doesn't sound that exciting. I like Key West, but last time we were in Freeport, it was quite boring. Never been to Nassau though.

Maybe Carnival will decide to do a few 8 day cruises and 6 day cruises on the Magic to mix things up a little. I think a lot of people would be interested in going to Roatan and Belize than the usual places. I would pay more for that, but really don't want to pay as much as they are asking for that Christmas cruise, plus, we have a 2 year old and I don't really want to make him miss Christmas and Santa at home.

Strongly considering the 12/18/11 8 day cruise on Magic. Just a little apprehensive about having our last sea day fall on Christmas day. Can anyone who has cruised on Christmas day tell me what kinds of things go on? I am usually a little bummed the last day of the cruise and don't want to be bummed on Christmas! My kids are teens so I thought it might be nice to do something different since Christmas isn't all Santa, bicycles, and dollhouses to them anymore... Also, any kinds of religious service? I assume not since clerymen will be booked at their own churches! I've already thought about how I could decorate the cabin, bring a couple gifts each, have Christmas at home the next morning after we debark (we live close to Galveston). Thoughts?

Edited by lulamc

Strongly considering the 12/18/11 8 day cruise on Magic. Just a little apprehensive about having our last sea day fall on Christmas day. Can anyone who has cruised on Christmas day tell me what kinds of things go on? I am usually a little bummed the last day of the cruise and don't want to be bummed on Christmas! My kids are teens so I thought it might be nice to do something different since Christmas isn't all Santa, bicycles, and dollhouses to them anymore... Also, any kinds of religious service? I assume not since clerymen will be booked at their own churches! I've already thought about how I could decorate the cabin, bring a couple gifts each, have Christmas at home the next morning after we debark (we live close to Galveston). Thoughts?

I have this Cruise booked! :) Plus we're sailing on the Conquest for Christmas this year check out the roll call as there's a couple of folks on it who have sailed the Conquest at Christmas and were happy to answer all the questions we had. PS if you book the Magic Christmas Cruise I have the roll call started...:D

I had booked by 9:00 AM the day booking opened. I can't wait to try a cove balcony! :) I thought I'd better grab one before all the good ones were gone on that particular sailing, which is our 40th wedding anniversary.

I had booked by 9:00 AM the day booking opened. I can't wait to try a cove balcony! :) I thought I'd better grab one before all the good ones were gone on that particular sailing, which is our 40th wedding anniversary.

aww Grits I'm gonna miss you by one week!!! Will you at least wave to me as you get off the ship?

Now, that was weird. How did my reply to Ship Addict's end up above it?? :confused:

Maybe you replied before you read my post???? You're psychic!!!

Meeting that morning would be cool -- as long as I'm not jumping out of my skin with excitement to get ON THE BOAT! :D

Maybe you replied before you read my post???? You're psychic!!!

Meeting that morning would be cool -- as long as I'm not jumping out of my skin with excitement to get ON THE BOAT! :D

LOL! Well, HOPEFULLY, if nothing goes wrong, we will be able to debark early that morning (with Platinum debarkation). So it's do-able. We have lots of time to plan. I would like to meet you and several of my CC'ers that day, if possible. I wish we were joining you on the group cruise, but I wanted to book on our 40th anniversary.

I notice that the spa area on Magic doesn't seem quite as big or elaborate as on Dream. Also see there are four inside cabins on Magic on the Spa deck, only balconies on Dream; that would be good for groups of 6 who could get a quad balcony and a dble inside and still get the Cloud 9 goodies.

Thinking of booking this ship for March 2012. I think the prices are high right now and was considering RCCL but good God my son and hubby acted like a mentioned a vacation in Hell or something! "No mom it has to be Carnival"--son, "I want the new ship no matter what it costs!"--hubby Ok then Magic it is! I cant book until Nov so hopefully prices will come down.

Just wondering.....on the Conquest we love the gym and sauna/steam room facilities....are these located in the spa cloud 9 (?) section and do you have to pay extra per person to utilize the sauna/steam room?