I got out and used my camera today...

pierces

Taking advantage of the beautiful sunny day after a week of gloomy and rainy weather.

Male Cardinal

bird03-L.jpg

bird02-L.jpg

White-breasted Nuthatch

bird05-L.jpg

and this well known little guy in the woods

bird04-L.jpg

Cheers

Conrad

Edited by Ravi09

Beautiful photo. Do you mind sharing your focal length and settings? Thanks!

Hi Cindy, I'm glad you like it. This was shot in aperture priority (AV) mode, f6.3. Used ISO400 and this gives me a shutter speed of 1/400s. I usually do not go below 1/800s speed to avoid any camera shake since I am using a 400mm f5.6 lens but I had a tripod with me at that time. Although not set-up, I just rested my palm on the ballhead for stability and took this shot.

Hi Cindy, I'm glad you like it. This was shot in aperture priority (AV) mode, f6.3. Used ISO400 and this gives me a shutter speed of 1/400s. I usually do not go below 1/800s speed to avoid any camera shake since I am using a 400mm f5.6 lens but I had a tripod with me at that time. Although not set-up, I just rested my palm on the ballhead for stability and took this shot.

Thanks for the info. When I first saw this picture I thought, ahhh, how cute he has a beak piercing! (you know like a lot of the young kids have lip piercings) I love cardinals...we had one that attacked the mirrors on our car for weeks. I was so happy when he took his affection of himself elsewhere!

http://www.bing.com/weather/forecast?q=seattle+weather&unit=F&FORM=DTPWEA

10 day forecast has one partly sunny day with rain or showers for the other 9. Showers are often accompanied by sun breaks!:cool:

We arrive May 11 and leave on the cruise on May 13. Our full day in Seattle shows 96% precip. :( I hope your weather guessers are like ours. If they are then we will probably have a bright, sunshiney day. :rolleyes: