Cruise Critic's EPIC video tour

pcreek

Cheryl as am open minded Brit I have no problem with the bathing arrangements. As a fellow Brit what is your opinion ? It seems it's mostly our American cousins that seemed shocked by the configuration of the rooms.

I will be travelling with 2 teenagers in my room - one son and one daughter. I think it will be subject of much giggling and trying to avoid the camera! If it's all I have to worry about in my 2 weeks on board the Epic, then I'm a very lucky girl...!! Certainly nothing to stress over for me. There are plenty of other toilets on the ship.

I have tried and tried to view this video. It plays for about 5 seconds and stops for awhile, then repeats. I wish there was a download button that you could down load it and watch it once it's loaded. Too aggravating to view at this point and yes, I have high speed internet. :(

Same problem here. Very frustrating. I watched it for about 5 minures and then shut it off.

Patience is the key for this video. I turned it on...let it run on my computer while I went off and did other things.

After a couple of hours it was all there.

I simply started it at the beginning and it ran fine.

Trust me - it is TOTALLY worth the wait...she covers most of the ship.

Same problem here. Very frustrating. I watched it for about 5 minures and then shut it off.

It's really not that good and tells virtually nothing that most of us didn't know already.

Tip for Cruise Critic.....next time you make a review video/ship tour try some supplementary lighting as it was very dark sometimes.

Overall ship looks great but pools seem small and looks likely that there are not enough sunbeds.

Hi. We totally appreciate the feedback -- and as we're still pretty new at video tours, we're always interested in how we can improve the experience (if anyone has specific suggestions please email me directly at editor@cruisecritic.com, put "epic video" in subject line).

Also, this time, for the first time, we're going to be adding more components to it -- we'll break down the various areas and feature segments on the site. So if you really just want to see the cabin stuff, it'll all be in one place, same for spa, entertainment (in that one we'll also include actual performances). Stay tuned, we're planning to launch that mid-week.

Carolyn

I have tried and tried to view this video. It plays for about 5 seconds and stops for awhile, then repeats. I wish there was a download button that you could down load it and watch it once it's loaded. Too aggravating to view at this point and yes, I have high speed internet. :(

Thanks, Carolyn! I thought it was wonderful and covered a lot. And I am definitely going to make sure I make it to the CC Meet & Greet this year. I did it a few years ago on Celeb Summit, but didn't do it last summer on POA.

Here's a question for you - have you heard about any issues with noise and vibration in the aft (stern) cabins?

Thanks, again.

Editor

Your cruise critic hour long video was amazing. It covered and answered alot of questions. It only made me want more but it was one big Epic fix.

Is the Epic club open for suite guests for breakfast and lunch only or does it include dinner too? What does the spa week pass include in the spa? Are reservations required for the ice bar or is there just a line?

THANKS

Thanks, David.

The Epic club's open for all three meals (didn't occur to me to ask about afternoon tea, LOL).

The spa pass is good for the facility's thallasotherapy pool, relaxation areas, steam, sauna, tiled loungers and the fabulous chaises on the aft balcony. It does not cover treatments and such. The gym is free to all (well by free let's just say you've paid for that in your cruise fare; there's no extra charge).

You should make reservations for the Ice Bar. I'm feeling quite sentimental about that Ice Bar, after our second straight day of swampy, 90 degree temps here in NYC, the Ice Bar would feel fine about now.

Carolyn

Editor

Your cruise critic hour long video was amazing. It covered and answered alot of questions. It only made me want more but it was one big Epic fix.

Is the Epic club open for suite guests for breakfast and lunch only or does it include dinner too? What does the spa week pass include in the spa? Are reservations required for the ice bar or is there just a line?

THANKS

Carolyn, this was a really good start. Compared to a lot of the Youtube videos I've watched to get an idea of a particular ship, yours is a real gem. I'm sure you're well aware of the volume problem when others are speaking so hopefully you may be able to improve it when you break down the tour into separate videos. This is a great start and you probably learned a lot when you viewed the finished video so the future ones will be even better. After all, that's how the film industry started out. The visit to the studio cabin and The Living Room was most enlightening to me and I appreciated the amount of time you spent there. Considering the limited space in the full fare cabins I think the studio cabin is not bad at all. The Living Room does look like a nice space, especially since it has the coffee machine. I understand the studio cabins do not include a coffee maker.

I FINALLY got to watch the entire video. Yippee :D I loved it, with the exception of not being able to hear a lot of it when the microphone wasn't close enough. But it gave some details that I wasn't aware of. Great video and thanks for doing it Carolyn.

Carolyn, I viewed the entire video of the Epic. You and your crew did a superb job. You hit all the right places on the ship for entertainment, meals, and accommodations. GREAT job! We are booked on the Epic for February and can't wait to take it all in.

What will be your next video? Perhaps Allure of the Seas?

I also saw your Oasis video. This is a WONDERFUL way to give cruise critic members the information and "first hand" video of the new ships. We REALLY appreciate it.

Thanks so much for being such a great source of information! We love you!

Archived