Taxis to Accra Beach

watsup

Perhaps I am plowing over old ground (happens here a lot, it seems), but I need some more definitive information regarding taking a taxi to Accra Beach.

A recent post said that the fare had increased from $15/pp to $25/pp. Is that so? And is that for the round trip, or for one way?

We would prefer to not have a set time to return from Accra. In other words, we would prefer not having to tell the taxi driver to come back and pick us up at a certain time. Are there taxis available at Accra beach? Would it be possible to take one taxi to the beach and then just find a different taxi for the return? If so, would that mean an increase in price?

Thanx for this info.

I need some more definitive information regarding taking a taxi to Accra Beach.

A recent post said that the fare had increased from $15/pp to $25/pp.

Is that so? ===> Maybe. Maybe not...depends!

And is that for the round trip, or for one way? ===> Who knows? but sounds like a return fare..

We would prefer to not have a set time to return from Accra.

In other words, we would prefer not having to tell the taxi driver to come back

and pick us up at a certain time. ===> Although there are decided advantages to that scheme, eh? ;)

Are there taxis available at Accra beach? ===> Yes.

Would it be possible to take one taxi to the beach

and then just find a different taxi for the return? ===> Yes: lots of taxis at the Accra Beach Hotel area.

If so, would that mean an increase in price? ===> Quite likely,yes.

I don't like dealing with taxi-fare questions, but I'll give this a shot

since no-one has replied in a few days..

Despite what the signs say, and what the regulations say, taxi prices are all over the place.

Depends on who you get, and whether they had a good breakfast or not,that day. ;)

If you get a whole group of you together(4 couples?) and nearly-fill one of the 10-12-seater van things

you might get the (one-way)ride for something like $5-10 per person, but don't you quote me on that.

Our taxi drivers always try to get a high price

but if you are a skilled negotiator, that price can come right down.

Please know that there are usually more taxi drivers than there are cruisers needing their services.

Economics 101 dictates that supply vs. demand results in.. you know what.

The sign at the taxi stand at the dock had a rate posted of $7.50 pp/each way to Accra beach. But that is for four or more passengers. We were quoted a price of $25 each way for two people to Accra beach. This might explain why you see references to $15 and $25.

The sign at the taxi stand at the dock had a rate posted of $7.50 pp/each way to Accra beach. But that is for four or more passengers. We were quoted a price of $25 each way for two people to Accra beach. This might explain why you see references to $15 and $25.

We rode with a family to Accra--it was 7.50 each. On the way back, we grabbed a cab for just the two of us, it was $25. It was worth it--Accra is beautiful!!

If a taxi driver quotes you a higher price than you are willing to pay just walk away and watch how fast he lowers his price. If not find another driver who will quote you a more reasonable rate. We've never had to pay more than $7.50 pp each way to Rockley/Accra Beach " from the drivers outside the pier gates." The drivers waiting inside the gates are sharks.

If a taxi driver quotes you a higher price than you are willing to pay

just walk away and watch how fast he lowers his price.

If not find another driver who will quote you a more reasonable rate.

We've never had to pay more than $7.50 pp each way to Rockley/Accra Beach

"from the drivers outside the Port's gatehouse."

The drivers waiting inside the gates are sharks.

And again I say..

there are more taxi drivers on the island than there are customers to keep them all busy.

Supply versus Demand: you know the rest.

They all think you're going to pay off their house mortgage in one shot.

Nice try guys, but this is the real world.

Like the man says, keep walking..keep negotiating ;)

Archived