What to do in the afternoon/night

kmacht

Hi,

Our ship (Carnival Destiny) will be in Cozumel at a little bit of a strange time. It is supposed to be docked from 2 to 10pm. Last time we were in Cozumel we spent a day relaxing at one of the beach resorts. I would love to do it again but it looks like most places close at either 5 or 6pm. If the ship docks at 2 we probably wouldn't be able to get off and get a cab over to a beach club until at least 3 or 3:30. So my question is, are there any beach clubs open later or if not, what else do you recommend? Anybody do a snorkel / sunset cruse? I saw the thread on the bar hop and that looks interesting but I think we will probably have the same problem as the beach resorts. The east side doesn't have electricity so I am pretty sure the bars won't be open very late. We can't be the first ship with this itinerary so what have others done?

Keith

The Destiny and th eLiberty will both be on Eastern Time. So on the Destiny, you'll be able to get to the beach between 2 and 2:30 Coz time, Beaches close 5 PM Coz time so 2.5-3 hours, which in the heat of the day in the summer is probably enough.

For the evening, unless you're wanting to eat aboard ship, take a taxi into San Miguel and try one of the local restaurants. For small parties, Kintas (north side of plaza)or Especiales ( south side of plaza) are very good. If they are open, and you won't know until you're there, El Turix near the Corpus Christi Church has a varied Yucatan influenced menu that changes daily. But check out the threads here on where locals eat for links and tips to great more locally influence food. Plenty of good places to choose from.

Archived