P & O Flexi Cruise

zackdog

Has anyone had any experience of this type of booking. Whilst the prices seem competitive what is the outcome of waiting. Are the cabins in poor locations? Is the price really value for money? We would have additional cost of getting to Manchester or Gatwick not easy and probably involve an overnight stay prior to flight which eats into any savings.

Comments please

The prices they are offering on these flexi-cruises do not look at all attractive to me. Given the heavy discounting that has been going on with P&O recently, if I just needed a cabin for 2 I would do a last minute deal rather than going for this type offer. How many people can block out 3-4 sets of dates on this basis? Those that can, are definitely better off risking a last minute deal given these aren't peak dates.

Since you have no choice on whether you end up on Ventura or Azura it rather looks as though P & O have given up trying to pretend that these ships are aimed at different markets e.g Ventura - Family, Azura - Traditional

I also believe than under this system you also have no say in your choice of dining arrangements. I don't envy the restaurant managers on these flexi cruises, there is a big enough queue on normal cruises with people trying to change what they have been allocated.

Due to the nature of my work being self employed we always book last minute as normally we go away when I am quiet and I cannot easily predict this 6 months in advance let alone a year or more.

We normally book about 1 month in advance and so far we have always had a decent cabin and apart from 1 occasion the dinning option we wanted. We also have found we paid much less than most people. Usually about the same or a little less than people who booked 2 years in advance when the new brochure came out.

You always have the risk that the particular cruise you want to go on might sell out. But there are always lots of last minute deals available.

Chris

Due to the nature of my work being self employed we always book last minute as normally we go away when I am quiet and I cannot easily predict this 6 months in advance let alone a year or more.

We normally book about 1 month in advance and so far we have always had a decent cabin and apart from 1 occasion the dinning option we wanted. We also have found we paid much less than most people. Usually about the same or a little less than people who booked 2 years in advance when the new brochure came out.

You always have the risk that the particular cruise you want to go on might sell out. But there are always lots of last minute deals available.

Chris

The OP is taking about the new flexi cruise deals P&O offer where you have to commit to a cruise within a certain range of dates to get a 'reduced' rate. I have to agree the deals are not great and this looks like a marketing ploy.

Archived