What to do in Vigo and Lisbon

caripoo

Any awesome ideas to do in Vigo and Lisbon in Sept. on Celebrity Connie cruise?:):)

You can search this forum for ideas. On our cruise both stops were short (9 to 5). In Vigo people go to Santiago or just walk around town. As far as I remember Vigo was the cheapest stop for shopping and lots of decent fresh seafood for lunch in the market area. There are also beaches (Samil, etc) if weather is good. See http://www.turismodevigo.org/index_en.php for ideas. In Lisbon use shuttle that'll take you to Prace Commercio. From there it's possible to join pre-booked walking tours or just explore city on your own. In that case you can buy 1 day transit pass (both metro and surface transit) for 3.70 euro + 0.50 for card. Tourists take 28 tram to old part of town (Alfama) or 15 to Belem. Also trip to Sintra is worth it (take train from Rossio station). If you decide to do it then take a cab from pier to Rossio directly; it's not that far. Sintra is definitely worth it when if you see just one of the palaces. I have pictures in my review. http://harryk.hostzi.com/

Vigo : We picked up a cab at the port to the beach....absolutely gorgeous. Cabbed back and had oysters in the market. Just wonderful.

Lisbon : St Georges Castle is fabulous. They have a special tour of the tower which we missed unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...

Wa sin both last May . In Vigo go to Santigo Di Compostela, fabulous and they have jet jewellery In Lisbon we went to Fatima and it was very interesting and there are lots of great restuarnats and bars right in the port

Archived