If You *HAD* To Say Something Bad...

piginmud

[quote name='lucyjohnz']
2. The neon decor on the older ships can be quite hideous and jarring.
3. PLEASE - why is the only color choice in the staterooms ORANGE? Ugh! Even on new ships.

[/QUOTE]

The better to see you, my Dear.
(In case you're hugging the floating furniture after a ship wreck)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks very much for the upfront and honest opinions! I've been on several cruises (NCL's Norway 2x, NCL's Dawn, Disney 2x and RCCL's Voyager of the Seas). I've never been *bored* on a cruise until I took the VOS this past September. So for my next cruise, I wanted to make sure that me and my daughter (11 yrs old) won't be bored on our next cruise! Also, I was bummed tha I couldn't go on the slide on both the Disney and VOS ships. So I thought it would be fun to take a Carnival cruise and have some fun on the big slide!

I've heard things such as "people smoke all over the whole ship" and "people party until wee hours of the night and they walk thru the cabin hallways and are very loud". Of course that doesn't appeal to me, since I'm a non-smoker and do sleep at nite :)

So again...thanks for the opinions! I'll keep reading the boards and see what else I come up with!

debbie

[quote name='Lisa766']Just off the Glory this past saturday and the only thing I didn't like is nothing started on time. Other than that I thought everything was great, especially our bartender in the Platnium dining room.[/QUOTE]

I've had this issue on all four lines I cruised CCL, NCL, DCL and RCCL. All the same!

[quote name='piginmud']Hi Everyone,

I've heard things such as "people smoke all over the whole ship" and "people party until wee hours of the night and they walk thru the cabin hallways and are very loud". Of course that doesn't appeal to me, since I'm a non-smoker and do sleep at nite :)
debbie[/QUOTE]

I haven't notice this on my CCL cruises and was almost expecting it on my first cruise due to all the talk!

I've seen these ideas already in earlier posts, but I can't help agreeing.
1. Carnival needs a better past guest program.
2. Carnival needs to offer better perks to suite passengers.
3. Carnival should offer more variety in their itineraries.
4. Carnival should not ever, ever make me disembark at the end of a cruise. ;)

I'm sure you and your daughter will have a wonderful time on Carnival, I know I did. I didn't experience any of the stereotypical "negatives" that some people attribute to Carnival.

Book your cruise and enjoy.

1. Very limited past guest privileges / program
2. Constant announcements for bingo, art auctions, gift shop specials, excursions or anything else Carnival can make more money from.
3. Limited deserts at the buffet.
4. Only 1 good ship design (Spirit, Legend, Pride & Miracle)
5. No longer allow discounts to be advertised.
6. Not as refined as some of the other mass market lines (RCI & Princess).

Carnival is great for a first time cruiser but as you get more experience you begin to see some of the “WalMart of cruise lines” issues. I have always been a strong supporter of Carnival but unfortunately after the last Carnival cruise - Glory 1/29/05 - I probably won't be booking a Carnival cruise in the near future.

[quote name='Running_Dad']This is really nitpicking but I think the coffee is pretty bad :eek: ......especially on the Lido deck. It is marginally better in the dining room.

Overall though I can't complain about any of my five cruises:D .

Pat[/QUOTE]

I have to agree, the coffee is pretty bad. :p That's why we'll be brining on a travel french press and some good coffee for mornings. The only other bad thing I'd have to add is the decor on the Ecstasy. It's a time machine back to the 80's :cool:.

[quote name='Karter']1. Very limited past guest privileges / program
2. Constant announcements for bingo, art auctions, gift shop specials, excursions or anything else Carnival can make more money from.
3. Limited deserts at the buffet.
4. Only 1 good ship design (Spirit, Legend, Pride & Miracle)
5. No longer allow discounts to be advertised.
6. Not as refined as some of the other mass market lines (RCI & Princess).

Carnival is great for a first time cruiser but as you get more experience you begin to see some of the “WalMart of cruise lines” issues. I have always been a strong supporter of Carnival but unfortunately after the last Carnival cruise - Glory 1/29/05 - I probably won't be booking a Carnival cruise in the near future.[/QUOTE]

If you're like me you just need to try different things and a change is good every once in a while.

Others don't like change and want it the same every time.

I love trying different things and different cruiselines! Then I'm able to compare.

Archived