If You *HAD* To Say Something Bad...

piginmud

Running Dad, I found the coffee on the Valor to be very good. A few years before I was on the Ecstacy, and the coffee tasted like dishwater. In addition, the Valor has the nice speciality coffee shop with the deelicious lattes, etc. (Well worth the extra cost!)

I like the concept of trying to think of three things that you don't like. That way, you really have to stroll through the memory of all the GREAT things about Carnival. Gee, I can't wait to board the Conquest 4/3/05.

But as to the reason for this thread:

1. I would also like to have breakfast choices on the Room Service Menu.

2. The idea above about an all inclusive is a great one. I wouldn't mind paying extra up front, to lower my cost on the back end.

3. The way they rush you off the boat like they are finished with you. It seems like they never want you to just sit around and share the highlights on debarkation days.

Hope the information that you read helps you decide who to cruise with. CCL is my favorite and I have cruise RCCL & Princess.

I've heard a few bad things about Carnivals reputation. I've been reading the boards here for a little bit and I am not reading anything really "bad" about this cruise line.

So... I will pose a question to those of you who have been on a Carnival cruise and have enjoyed yourself....

If I MADE you say something bad (or something you didn't like) about the cruise ship or cruise line, what would you say was your top 3 least favorite things?

If you don't want to post to the boards, you can email me at piginmud@yahoo.com.

Thanks!

debbie

:confused:

The only thing I can say is that "IT ENDS!!!!" :mad:

It really is just a matter of personal preference. What one person absolutely loves, another person might hate.

I personally do not like the excitement and the energy that runs rampant on Carnival. I know other people who couldn't live without it!

3. The way they rush you off the boat like they are finished with you. It seems like they never want you to just sit around and share the highlights on debarkation days.

Hope the information that you read helps you decide who to cruise with. CCL is my favorite and I have cruise RCCL & Princess.

I've cruised Carnival, RCCL, & Disney. And I've always felt the "2nd class citizens" status on debarkation day. But then again, I know these people work on a very tight schedule to move 'em out and move 'em in.

BTW, Happy Birthday nealberk!

These are minor and some suggestions:

1. Kathy Lee

2. I agree the coffee on the Lido was awful. Dining room and Supper Club had excellent coffee, so it's either the machines or a lower grade of coffee, but it was bad.

3. They need to change the omelet station on Spirit class ships. I love that they have multiple buffet stations on the Spirit, but for breakfast they need to change the setup. The omelet station should not be at the end of the buffet line. As it is now, if more than two people are waiting for an omelet, they end up blocking the rest of the buffet. Most mornings I only wanted what I could serve myself, but had to wait or ask people to "excuse me" so I could get to the food. It's a bad setup that could be easily fixed by making one of the stations omelet's only.

4. They make you get off at the end.

Positives from recent cruise:

1. Embarkation in San Diego was very easy. In the terminal about 11am, in my cabin by 12:15pm. Only took about 15 minutes to actually check in then waited in decent terminal building for boarding to begin. VERY EASY.

2. Supper Club, you gotta try it at least once.

3. 24 hour ice cream machines.

4. Debarkation was also very easy. I was off the ship by 8:30 - 8:45. Effortless.

I've cruised Carnival, RCCL, & Disney. And I've always felt the "2nd class citizens" status on debarkation day. But then again, I know these people work on a very tight schedule to move 'em out and move 'em in.

BTW, Happy Birthday nealberk!

well look at it this way....you board as a passenger and disembark as cargo

They do have past guest perks...you just have to go to thje pursers desk and tell them your name or past guest number and they will give you a few extra things.

In comparison to RCCL I'm thinking along the lines of priority check-in, private departure lounge and priority disembarkation. Coupons for several hundred dollars off cruises in the mail. Plus coupons in your stateroom for various things on the ship. Johnny Rockets, complimentary wine tasting, onboard shopping.

But to be honest I wasn't aware that Carnival supplied their past guests with things while aboard. Had I known I might have stopped by on my Legend cruise last week. What are some of the items they give away to past guests?

They do have past guest perks...you just have to go to thje pursers desk and tell them your name or past guest number and they will give you a few extra things.

I was not aware of this,either. What sort of things do you get? Have you done this yourself?

Laura

1) Wish soft drinks were included.

2) Embarkation can be a hassle

3) I don't enjoy Jamaica....wish they would substitute another port

I too am sailing soon and am curious about the previous posters comment about going by the Purser's Desks for "perks". Please share this information, I have never heard about it.

Three "bad" ;) things about Carnival

Too "bad" that there aren't more Carnival ships leaving out of Norfolk!

The humidity in Carnival's ports of call causes "bad" hair days.

"Bad" attitudes of some cruisers can ruin the fun for the rest of us!

I've never heard this before. What kind of things? This will be my 7th Carnival cruise and I've never received anything other than the Past Guest party invitation.

Great question. My answers are pretty 'nitpicky' but here they are:

1- Tough to get a lounge chair by the pool (lots of illegitamate chair reservations)

2- Travelog videos (the videos of your cruise available for purchase) are pretty crummy. As an amatuer editor myself, I see very simple, inexpensive ways to improve them dramatically.

3- Buffet lunch isn't so hot.

The only "bad" thing I can think of is they are letting people smoke on the Paradise. I don't think I would have even tried another line if they had left her alone.

Yah - I know - I don't drink much and I don't gamble. Just because I know the reasons does not mean I have to like them. :)

I agree with most of the other things people mentioned too. Except Jamaica, I enjoyed that port. But, now that I have cruised Princess and NCL, I think that the "bad" things tend to be somewhat standard on mass market lines. I know some lines do some things better than others, but to me it seems to equal out in the end.
i.e. NCL Sun - the exact same problem with the omlet station, I have yet to have a really good cup of coffee that I did not have to pay for and the buffet just is was not that good on any of the ships I have been on so far. At least on Carnival you can always get pizza!!

1. The decor could be classier, less neon. The newer ships are much better, but still trying to figure out those big pink lights in the dining room on the Miracle. (I think they were supposed to be grapes??)

2. I wish they had a separate page from the Capers on which is listed the daily activities that could be carried around. I like the way RCCL does it so I can tear off the list easily and carry just that instead of the whole paper.

3. Need better coffee.

If I HAD to say something bad about Carnival it would only be about the Celebration. And I only have one complaint.

It's not a ship geared toward 15-17 year olds. My boys, would have like more to do on the ship. The teen room was full of 12-15 year olds.

The arcade was full of 8-12 year olds.

We might be the only family that cruises for the time on the ship with little interest in shore excursions. Our favorite times were when we were at sea.
Next time, I'll book on a bigger ship.

This is not really a bad thing or a complaint, but I wish ships would leave out of Baltimore again. It was so convenient to get to and I did not worry about my car at all. Plus saved a lot of money not having to fly.

Oh, I would also like a fresh water slide! :-)

I've only been on one cruise, and loved it, but there was one thing that annoyed me and that was the staff constantly asking if you want drinks during the shows. They are walking back and forth in front of the audience taking orders and serving orders during shows -- it's very annoying. Drinks should all be ordered and served before the show beings, not during.

my # 1 is that they have too many ships doing the same itinerary. why cant they do a 10 day southern out of miami or FLL that goes to aruba, curacao, barbados, antigua, grenada, st. lucia and the like ? I hardly think they would be hard to fill. instead, there can be 2 to 3 carnival ships in any one port at the same time....not much of a variety.

#2 I agree that the room service menu could be expanded on some what.

#3 they force me to eat all that good food and gain weight.

Archived