Future Carnival Vacation Certificate

martyap

My daughter and I each "purchased" separate $100 OBC certificates on the last full day of our recent cruise. We went to the small table on deck 2 at about 4 PM and the representative asked for our sign and sail cards and told us to return for our certificates later that evening.........We were not asked to sign anything and received no payment receipts.....After dinner we picked up our separate certificates, each with the appropriate guest name and a certificate number good for 60 months. It was explained that we would receive our initial $100 + $100 OBC (daughter gets $200 OBC based on four in a cabin) on our next booking(s).

When we received our final S & S statements the next morning neither bill

indicated the $100 charge. Any idea why?????

Marty

My daughter and I each "purchased" separate $100 OBC certificates on the last full day of our recent cruise. We went to the small table on deck 2 at about 4 PM and the representative asked for our sign and sail cards and told us to return for our certificates later that evening.........We were not asked to sign anything and received no payment receipts.....After dinner we picked up our separate certificates, each with the appropriate guest name and a certificate number good for 60 months. It was explained that we would receive our initial $100 + $100 OBC (daughter gets $200 OBC based on four in a cabin) on our next booking(s).

When we received our final S & S statements the next morning neither bill

indicated the $100 charge. Any idea why?????

Marty

They charge it to what ever credit card you put on sign & sail as a extra charge. But I would check on the 200 OBC for 4 people- Carnival's certificate say's 50.00 OBC for any cruise less than 7 days- 7-9 days 100.00 and 10+ day is 200.00 but that is per cabin divided by how many people are in cabin. which makes sense 3rd and 4th person is always cheaper so why would they get the extra money. Julie G.

It was explained that we would receive our initial $100 + $100 OBC (daughter gets $200 OBC based on four in a cabin) on our next booking(s). why?????

Marty

What does this mean?? The OBC is based on the length of the cruise, has nothing to do with how many in the cabin. I hope you arent thinking you get $100 OBC based on a quad??

You get the $100 you paid toward the final payment, and then OBC based on the length of the cruise you are applying it toward. One FCC per cabin.

What does this mean?? The OBC is based on the length of the cruise, has nothing to do with how many in the cabin. I hope you arent thinking you get $100 OBC based on a quad??

You get the $100 you paid toward the final payment, and then OBC based on the length of the cruise you are applying it toward. One FCC per cabin.

It does have something to do with the number of people in the cabin. Using the example of a 7 day cruise gets a $100 only if there are at least 2 people. A solo person would only get half of the amount $50 OBC for a 7 day. However, having more than 2 people would not get any additional amounts.

It does have something to do with the number of people in the cabin. Using the example of a 7 day cruise gets a $100 only if there are at least 2 people. A solo person would only get half of the amount $50 OBC for a 7 day. However, having more than 2 people would not get any additional amounts.

Yes, all of the prices assume double occupancy. My point is it has nothing to do with having a quad, or 4 in the cabin, and unless its a 12 day cruise, the OP will NOT get $200 OBC.

I dont want the OP to have unreleastic hopes of $200 OBC for the cabin. One guy got on here and the thread was he was lied to, he expected to get $200 OBC on any cruise.

Did this last week also. Was told I couldn't use two of them on the same cruise. So, only bought one for us instead of two.

Also had to get the Carnival MC for that extra bonus and put all of the OBC's from the last cruise onto that.

DH and I bought 2 of these certificates last summer. The only way we are able to use both on our upcoming cruise was to book us in separate cabins. This worked since we are taking our adult kids along and needed more than one cabin. We will just get new keys made once we board.

My only concern is that the certificates say they may not be used for gratuities. DH will easily use his OBC since he is booking 2 scuba dives through the ship, but I am hoping I can put mine towards the tips since I rarely buy any drinks or shop onboard. (All of our other tours are booked independently.)

The $100 OBC already shows up on my online booking. Anyone know if I will be able to use this towards tips? My thoughts are that OBC is OBC...who is going to try and keep track?

Check your credit card regularly to make sure you are charged for the certs. I was not; they charged someone else and that person disputed the charge, of course. I was blissfully unaware of all of this until I tried to redeem the cert.

I then paid for it, via charge card, and got the obc, but I kept copies of everything, even the signature of the person who signed for the cert when they received it.

Shay

The $100 OBC already shows up on my online booking. Anyone know if I will be able to use this towards tips? My thoughts are that OBC is OBC...who is going to try and keep track?

Yes, it can be used for anything, despite what it says.

Thanks for the responses.......We did this very quickly and last minute this past Saturday on the Pride. I knew the OBC was $100 per cabin but I asked the question....."What qualifies for a $200 OBC?" The response I received was indeed a lie because the representative told us "four persons in a cabin would qualify for $200." Just read the certificate and indeed everyone on this board was more honest than the Brit who lied to us.........Thanks

Thanks for the responses.......We did this very quickly and last minute this past Saturday on the Pride. I knew the OBC was $100 per cabin but I asked the question....."What qualifies for a $200 OBC?" The response I received was indeed a lie because the representative told us "four persons in a cabin would qualify for $200." Just read the certificate and indeed everyone on this board was more honest than the Brit who lied to us.........Thanks

The FCCs reps are new and dont seem very well trained. They gave us numerous bad information to folks when I was listening too ...no excuse for it, but they need to get the rules down better. Like promising money back if the price drops if they booked thru them. When I said only ES gets money back, he said, well he always books Alaska ES rates anyway ... he saw no reason to be more explicit and say .. its only with a certain rate and not explain it further. Deceptive at best, or ill informed...other stuff too.

Im glad you saw my post so you were not expecting $200 OBC.

When we bought our last ones on the Fantasy, I knew more than the guy at the FCC booth did; people stopped me and asked me questions about the FCC rather than talking to the booth-man.

Shay

Are the future cruise certificates combinable with other credits for example Stock holders credit?

Yes they are. If they ever get around to posting our FCC credit we will have that and the stockholder credit. Been about two months since they received our certified mail with certificate and still not posted.

We are still 3 months away from cruise so suspect they will do it soon. If not will give our pvp something to do.

Yes they are. If they ever get around to posting our FCC credit we will have that and the stockholder credit. Been about two months since they received our certified mail with certificate and still not posted.

We are still 3 months away from cruise so suspect they will do it soon. If not will give our pvp something to do.

I think I would be calling. I checked a couple of days after I got the postcard back and mine had already posted.

We are sailing Oct 17 and sent our certificate in certified & return receipt. Our posted to our account before we even got the return receipt back. After we got the receipt, we saw they posted it the same day as they received it. You might want to call on yours. I had read that they didn't post it until the day final payment was due, but we're still a month away from final payment.

All I had to do is email my PVP and let him know they received the certificate. He took down my tracking number. He posted it to my account the day I told him it was signed for.

All I had to do is email my PVP and let him know they received the certificate. He took down my tracking number. He posted it to my account the day I told him it was signed for.

Similar experience here. Mailed our FCC in months ago. Waited a week or so and our PVP confirmed the receipt was in the system. A few days ago it still hadn't put posted against our November cruise. Sent our PVP an email asking her to check for us. Certificate was posted then next day. She confirmed she could see the $100 OBC as well.

~ Sheryl

Archived