AQ 1537 - Eclipse

rhumney

BEWARE OF NOISE ABOVE - June 12/10 - Baltic - Eclipse - Aqua class cabin 1537

Most importantly, our overall Aqua class experience (dining, spa, etc) was outstanding and we will book Aqua again, BUT I do feel obligated to let others know of the noise issue for this specific cabin.

According to the deck plans, 1537 is under the acupuncture rooms. What the plans do not show is that about 1/3rd of the cabin is right under a service hallway.

On one side of the hall is a service elevator and on the opposite side, the entry to the acupuncture rooms, entry to the Aqua Café kitchen & entry to the solarium. The service elevator was used to deliver/receive stock, food items & towels(1000s) for the solarium, gym, spa retail shops & services and the Aqua Café = lots of traffic.

Daytime noise was constant – trolleys going back and forth between the elevator & these rooms. Nighttime noise began at 12midnight until around 2am in the morning and resumed at 6am. Many times there was crashing noises as things were dropped or the trolleys hit something. On two occasions we jumped out of bed in the middle of the night because the noise sounded like a car crash – our guess is that a trolley hit a wall/side of elevator????

Since our sailing was sold out, the only solution was for Customer Relations to place a person on deck 12 outside this area (their idea). This happened about day 9 of our 14 day cruise. Prior to this we managed about 4hrs sleep at best. On sea days, we took to getting up at 6am and sleeping in the solarium.

Customer Relations responded in a timely fashion once they figured out the problem. I do hope that there will be changes in some of the scheduling for future sailings.

I would caution anyone who does not use earplugs, does not take sleeping pills or is not hearing impaired to CHOOSE ANOTHER CABIN!

The Eclipse is a magnificent ship and has an outstanding crew ……. JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE RESTED/SLEPT…… after all it was supposed to be a SPA EXPERIENCE.

Thank you for reporting this. I have been in this situation before, and I cannot imagine how you functioned on a port intensive Baltic cruise while sleep deprived.

Celebrity really needs a little more honesty or accuracy in its deck plans. A service area such as this needs to be shown, as it is a 24 hour noise producer. Really sorry you experienced this. Glad the rest of your cruise was good.

Anne

• 1 month later...

OH NO!!!!!!! This is awful news. I booked 1537 on the Solistice because the acupuncture room is above the cabin. I thought that would make for a very quiet situation. I also read a brief review on the Solistice cabins sticky - and there was no mention of the noise issue. I hope the issue was resolved because I can't survive on 4 hours of sleep and I can't sleep with ear plugs.

I'm glad to know that you were able to enjoy te rest of your cruise.

Most importantly, our overall Aqua class experience (dining, spa, etc) was outstanding and we will book Aqua again, BUT I do feel obligated to let others know of the noise issue for this specific cabin.

According to the deck plans, 1537 is under the acupuncture rooms. What the plans do not show is that about 1/3rd of the cabin is right under a service hallway.

On one side of the hall is a service elevator and on the opposite side, the entry to the acupuncture rooms, entry to the Aqua Café kitchen & entry to the solarium. The service elevator was used to deliver/receive stock, food items & towels(1000s) for the solarium, gym, spa retail shops & services and the Aqua Café = lots of traffic.

Daytime noise was constant – trolleys going back and forth between the elevator & these rooms. Nighttime noise began at 12midnight until around 2am in the morning and resumed at 6am. Many times there was crashing noises as things were dropped or the trolleys hit something. On two occasions we jumped out of bed in the middle of the night because the noise sounded like a car crash – our guess is that a trolley hit a wall/side of elevator????

Since our sailing was sold out, the only solution was for Customer Relations to place a person on deck 12 outside this area (their idea). This happened about day 9 of our 14 day cruise. Prior to this we managed about 4hrs sleep at best. On sea days, we took to getting up at 6am and sleeping in the solarium.

Customer Relations responded in a timely fashion once they figured out the problem. I do hope that there will be changes in some of the scheduling for future sailings.

I would caution anyone who does not use earplugs, does not take sleeping pills or is not hearing impaired to CHOOSE ANOTHER CABIN!

The Eclipse is a magnificent ship and has an outstanding crew ……. JUST WISH WE COULD HAVE RESTED/SLEPT…… after all it was supposed to be a SPA EXPERIENCE.

Hi:), sorry about the noise. I hope you post this information on the

CABIN THREAD at the top of the forum so it can be added to the

spreadsheet.

Thank you so much for posting this!!! I have a question if you can help, based on your experience and knowledge if the layout in this area, we are booked in 1541 and 1543. Would you think we would have a similar situations with noise, etc. Again, Thanks.

Sorry also for your sleepless cruise and thanks for taking time to report it. I would also assume that being under an acupuncture area would be a safe bet for peace and quiet. If Celebrity acknowledged the condition I would hope they would be generous regarding a future cruise credit or other accomodation. We are looking forward to our upcoming cruise next year (1525) and I was very surprised at all the potential 'pitfalls' on what should be a premium deck ie. overhangs, pool noise, humps, window washing equipment. I know that everyone has a different idea of what constitutes a perfect or even acceptable cabin location, but without the efforts of posters (Sandi in particular) many of us would have been totally in the dark in choosing a cabin on the Penthouse Deck.

Everyone's posts are helpful, but boy what a lot of information to process! Where can I find the spreadsheet you mentioned?

Liz

Hi Liz, there is sticky at the top of this forum:). Click on it and scroll

back a few pages. In between are some postings that are really not

supposed to be there. At the top of that sticky is a specific request

NOT to ask cabin questions on that thread. But some folks ask anyway.

It is really for people to just post about their cabin and then kindly,

Sandi updates the spreadsheet.:)

Oh the spreadsheet is on that thread...scroll back and you will find the link:)

Archived