Average Time to get off of Solstice in Ft. Lauderdale?

Anyone know what the average time off of the ship is? We are supposed to be back in Fort Lauderdale at or by 7:00 AM. I just need to know approximately what time I will be off of the ship? I probably will not do the self disembark. Do we disembark by our cabin location? How does it work?

Thanks,

Rita

We just got off Sunday (2 days ago). disembark did not go as fast as boarding the ship. We had a late flight, so celebrity put us in one of the last groups. We got luggage tags 2 nights before cruise ended, that told us we were in G33 or 9:45 am time slot. They want you to go to the solstice theater (for us, others might be in other waiting areas.) Then they call the groups to leave the ship. Our group (#33) was the last number and it was called about 10 am (15 min late.) then you get off, claim your luggage and wait in a pretty long line to go through customs. I would allow at least an hour for that. We were out of the terminal maybe 11:30 and I am sure we were one of the last. If you have an earlier flight you would be given an earlier time. I would guess that if you just asked, you would be given an earlier time. If I had to do it again, I would make sure I had a late flight, and then probably not even worry about going to the theater, just relax somewhere on the ship until they call for everyone to be off, I would guess they would do that over the loudspeaker and you may not have to wait in the theater.... in that way the customs line may be much shorter (that is just wait for everyone else to get off and go through line first.)... just an idea.

Anyone know what the average time off of the ship is? We are supposed to be back in Fort Lauderdale at or by 7:00 AM. I just need to know approximately what time I will be off of the ship? I probably will not do the self disembark. Do we disembark by our cabin location? How does it work?

Thanks,

Rita

Hi Rita:

We did self disembarkation in FLL off the Equinox last year. We were through security at the airport at 8:10A.M....Things go pretty quickly...

We had a rental car set up at the airport, and asked for an earlier departure - not first, but early. Got off at 0815am and was at the airport at 0900 or so. Very smooth. Don't know what an average is, but if there isn't any major issues with clearing the ship, its not a big deal getting off 8-9am.

Denny

On the 5/23 to 5/30 cruise our time was 8:40 but they called us at 8:35 and we were through customs in about 45 minutes. It seemed longer since that was the first time we had to wait in a line all week. I have heard folks report that immigration for non-US citizens can add some time and weather may delay arrival of the ship.

We just got off Sunday (2 days ago). disembark did not go as fast as boarding the ship. We had a late flight, so celebrity put us in one of the last groups. We got luggage tags 2 nights before cruise ended, that told us we were in G33 or 9:45 am time slot. They want you to go to the solstice theater (for us, others might be in other waiting areas.) Then they call the groups to leave the ship. Our group (#33) was the last number and it was called about 10 am (15 min late.) then you get off, claim your luggage and wait in a pretty long line to go through customs. I would allow at least an hour for that. We were out of the terminal maybe 11:30 and I am sure we were one of the last. If you have an earlier flight you would be given an earlier time. I would guess that if you just asked, you would be given an earlier time. If I had to do it again, I would make sure I had a late flight, and then probably not even worry about going to the theater, just relax somewhere on the ship until they call for everyone to be off, I would guess they would do that over the loudspeaker and you may not have to wait in the theater.... in that way the customs line may be much shorter (that is just wait for everyone else to get off and go through line first.)... just an idea.

How late was your flight out of Fort Lauderdale?

We just got off Solstice on Sunday. Since we had a 10 a.m. flight (I was so worried about that - but had to re-book flights because of Spirit strike), we did self-exit. You have to handle your own luggage and are the first to exit the ship. We received a notice to be on deck 5 at 7:00 a.m. At approximately 7:10, between 60-80 people were directed to the gangway on the same floor, and we just walked off. Short lines at customs. We were in a cab to the airport by 7:30 a.m.

I am afraid that I will have too much luggage to self-disembark. I just think it will be too much of a hassle.

I have reserved a limo for transportation to the port, but I don't know what time to reserve the return service.

Do I decide what time to disembark? If so, I will allow an hour to gather my luggage and to get through customs.

I am thinking I would like to have the driver there at 9:00 A.M. Do you suppose that would be doable or should I play it safe and reserve for 10:00 A.M.?

Thanks,

Rita

I am afraid that I will have too much luggage to self-disembark. I just think it will be too much of a hassle.

I have reserved a limo for transportation to the port, but I don't know what time to reserve the return service.

Do I decide what time to disembark? If so, I will allow an hour to gather my luggage and to get through customs.

I am thinking I would like to have the driver there at 9:00 A.M. Do you suppose that would be doable or should I play it safe and reserve for 10:00 A.M.?

Thanks,

Rita

We had an 11:10 am flight. We were in group 2. We got in line at 7:38 am and departed the ship, picked up our two bags (they stagger the luggage so if you have a later number and departed early there is a chance your bags might be available yet), got in the customs line, processed through that, met our pre-paid shuttle (KSA paid through the hotel) within 1 minute of exiting the terminal, checked in at the airport, went through security and were sitting at our departure gate at 8:30 am.

Hope that helps you decide what will work best (remember there is always a chance something won't go right but you can't worry about the things you can't control).

We plan to self-disembark. Would you please explain "hard time"; stairs, lines, etc. Thanks.

"We had a bit of a hard time getting of solstice with self- disembarkation"[

All of the self- disembarkation people were told to go to I think the theater, so everyone used the first stairway, the elevators would stop and the people could not get off because there was no room because know one knew where to go! Finally we were told we all needed to go mid- ship to disembark! We got off with all our luggage and went through customs actually very quickly!! We have done Self- disembarkation alot lately, and it has always been very unorganized!!

Archived