Sorry!, Another Beverage Package Question

aggietd

This has probably been answerd loads of times but I have done a few searches but cannot find the answer in writing.

Looking at the beverage packages for our next cruise and I am a bit confused, I take it you have to buy a package for each person and the package price is per person not per cabin?

Looking at the package price (£40.00 per day Premium) seems not really worth it for us if it is per person, that is an awfull lot of drink to drink!! We tend to have a Cocktail before dinner, Bottle of wine with dinner and perhaps a night cap (or two) later on, we do not tend to drink much alchohol or soft drinks during the day.

Do you have to drink a lot to make this worth while?

Would love any advice, thank you

Nancy

Nancy

Yes it is right that you do the maths - the packages are indeed per person and it looks from what you say you will be better not buying the package.

Let me try and price your daily pattern in $ and see where this takes us _ lets ignore where the £ might be by then!

The daily premium package is $55 each so you are looking at a daily spend of $110 if breaking even is required

So (all incl 15% surcharge)

Reasonable bottle of wine $50

2 cocktails before dinner $20 (one each)

Drinks after dinner - assuming say G and T $18

So what is the balancing factor here

are you going to have 2 drinks after dinner every night

have I over priced the wine you will have (you can have up to $12 a glass on the package but it depends on your preferences)

We have bought a package - we have the same pattern as you in the evening but will also have something at lunchtime, I like expresson coffees and it will be good to get bottled sparkling water at dinner (something we have not done before but really like) and to pick up cans of coke during the day

If you can wait til I get back early September I intend to post on how I found the package (value and convenience) from the view of a moderate drinking Scot

A

Nancy

So much depends on each individual.

I note that you did not mention coffee and, in my opinion, coffee drinking is a very important factor. I never drink coffee and rarely drink tea but I understand that most coffee drinkers will have at least one or two paid for coffees a day.

I also do not drink "sodas". I drink water and prefer bottled water but drink most of in in our room and that is not covered by a package.

Another factor is the type of wine you drink. We like to drink more expensive wines with dinner than are covered by any of the packages.

We have purchased an classic non-alcohol package for my husband for his coffees and sodas. We will take advantage of the build-it-yourself wine package available on board for our wine with dinner [and are hoping that this will cover my pre-dinner champagne and our desert wine as well. We will have my water delivered by the case as usual [and pay for it], pay for the single drink we usually have with lunch and purchase our pre-dinner drinks.

However, if I drank coffee or we were less fussy about our wine with dinner, the whole economics would change for us. I think that the packages are good value for many people. Certainly, I am glad that we have always kept all our slips from past cruises. I was able to sit down and analyse our past beverage spends enabling us to make our decision.

Sue

Thank you UKtog and Sue,

Sorry for the double posting,

Thanks Sue for the tip about previous bar bills i too keep all my bills for my journals, so I will look them out and compare.

Thanks Uktog, i will be very interested to see how you get on with it, I must admit the idea of the odd glass of wine at lunch, working my way through the martini bar and not returning with the national dept does really appeal.

After all as Canukedoc on the other post says i certainly dont expect to eat my moneys worth in food, but would hate to pay for my food a-la-carte.

Thanks again

Nancy

Archived