Princess Cays Beach Bungalows...HELP

roadking91

Hello,My name is B...:cool: This is our 1st cruise. Will be on the Emerald Princess July 18th.And will be on Princess Cays on the 19th for the day. We have a few other couples with us and we are thinking about renting one of the Beach Bungalows. Can anyone provide me with "ANY" information on them...personal experience etc?:confused: It is greatly appreciated!:)

B

Hello,My name is B...:cool: This is our 1st cruise. Will be on the Emerald Princess July 18th.And will be on Princess Cays on the 19th for the day. We have a few other couples with us and we are thinking about renting one of the Beach Bungalows. Can anyone provide me with "ANY" information on them...personal experience etc?:confused: It is greatly appreciated!:)

B

Try here....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1155909&highlight=bungalow

B

You will love them.

Just returned from a cruise aboard the Emerald and we reserved a bungalow for our family.

The are air-conditioned

room for all

you will have lounge chairs saved for you.

someone will come by and take orders for drinks

and you wont have the crowds all around you

outside shower

hope this helps

First hand experience. We rented one of the bungalows - $199 with another couple. Near food and wash rooms. Nice chairs outside and not far from the beach. :) Other folks that were on the rollcall with us joined us at lunch time and beyond. We had a ball. Go for it.

The a/c was great and we left the fruits inside which kept them cool for snacking after lunch. Lots of towels, etc.

Personally, I would pay the extra $50 for food service. JMHO

Everyone's input is very helpful. Colo Cruiser that was a good link Thank You very much....:)Wineforhealth very helpful also, Thank you:).Notentirelynormal, Thanks for your advise too, now that I have an idea how this posting works count on alot more specific questions!.:D..lol.Northender also Thank You...this is the type of feed back I was hoping to hear!...Need the cool fruit!;)

Thank again to all

B

B

Hey roadking91! We have a roll call thread for Emerald - July 18th going on! Join us there! http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1124083

We've reserved a bungalow and we can't wait. I'm not sure about Princess Cay, but at Half Moon Bay it was the best investment because you had a place to chill (figuratively and literally) throughout the day. Without it, we would not have enjoyed the private island as much. Looking forward to reading the answers to both your questions.

We've reserved one in the past and will again. The beach on Princess Cays can get very crowded, personally I don't enjoy that so the bungalows offer some space. The air conditioning is a great plus. It gets VERY hot on the Cays this time of the year. I'm a beach person but I'm not sure I could have stood the direct sun for all day without being able to take a break into the air once and a while. The priority boarding passes (if still offered) are a huge plus get you on the island first and off the island last thus maximizing your stay there. The outdoor shower at allows you to bring a change of cloths and be fresh and ready to return to the ship at the end of the day. Personally I think its the best $200 you can spend, for two people its a splurge, for 4 people its VERY reasonable. FOr a larger group even if you want to use it as a touch down space its great..Go for it....We had Sea Grape, the pictures are the view from out front lawn....princess cays is a great beach day with or without the bungalow, but with it makes it over the top. We're waiting patiently for the excursions to open up for our upcoming stop there...

IMG_0151.jpg.24cf28ccdfb06c25090f28ebdb329c64.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg.c7165c2875b825c2d3aa2068d8e1bb3d.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg.cffeb278af6c2c4e761222d1885ea35a.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg.dab93f25a341aa0e2e69e9ecd1bf1443.jpg

They also supplied beach towels, sun screen and bug spray in ours. We had 18 people with 2 bungalows and it was perfect. Pulled up extra loungers in front, and not crowded at all. The table inside sat 6 people, two loungers fenced in and four out front. We got priority tickets for everyone and a ride from the tender to the bungalows. My DH who doesn't listen to directions, walked over because he didn't wait to see what I was doing. We beat him over LOL.

Archived