Anniversary on QM2

MKMC

We are travelling on a cunard cruise to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. However we got married in December and the Norweign Fjords cruise that we have always dreamed of doing does not operate in the winter months so we are unable to meet the 2 months rule. Therefore we have been advised that it will be at Cunards discretion.

We have sent in our marriage certificate and a letter explaining why we dont meet the criteria but we will just have to keep our fingers crossed.

I think the 2 month rule is a bit harsh. Not everyone can travel in this timescale or it may not be available for the cruise destination of their choice.

I am pleased to say that Cunard did give us the anniversary package so it was worth asking:)

Maybe it's because it's your honeymoon and not an actual anniversary?

We did a TA for our honeymoon last year, booked via Thomas Cook and had no problem getting the extras. I'd suggest ringing Cunard again, you may talk to someone who knows the correct process this time! Also tell them that you know it has been done before (ie us!) and also ask Virgin to contact Cunard on your behalf. All we sent was a copy of a wedding invitation so that Cunard could see when the wedding was ( a week before we set off). Good luck.

This is all very useful information, I am in the process of deciding on a special cruise for our 30th Wedding anniversary next May, planning to be onboard for the actual anniversary.

This would be our 1st Cunard cruise,we started cruising on our Silver Anniversary.

I'm looking at 7n transatlantic from Southampton to NY with 2n at Marriott Marquis, anyone stayed at this hotel, I see its room only, any comment on the revolving restaurant and breakfasts?

We booked through Gills - sending them a copy of our marriage certificate. Gills then informed us that we will be getting the complimentary anniversary package. I would contact your travel agent and let them sort it for you. Good luck.

Just to update, we wrote to Cunard and have yet to receive a reply but also rang Virgin who have tried as well. Sadly for us Cunard still maintain as Virgin get a discount on brochure price we won't get a card from the captain.

I didn't really think anyone pays brochure price these days, there always seems to be some kind of offer; £100 early bird, $200 on board credit etc

Ah well we'll have a lovely honeymoon anyway whether Cunard care or not.

Claire

Archived