Is it worth it for me to head to Blue Lagoon???

kattchatt

Just wondering...We dock at noon and the excursion for Blue Lagoon states its 4 1/2 hours long, not sure how that can be but anyway...It begins at 1:00...I e-mailed Blue Lagoon directly and they said the ferry the ship uses is the same one for anyone going to their beach which doesn't leave the dock until 1:30, all must head back on the 4:00 ferry...I'm thinking I'll have maybe 2 hours there, If so, is it still worth the $$$ to go, is it something not to be missed...I'd like to just relax, swim, and maybe sneak a peek at the dolphins...I always enjoy the day on the private island but NCL's Epic is too big to dock on their island...Any other beach suggestions instead??? Thanks

We went to Blue Lagoon about 1½ years ago for the Dolphin experience. It is a very pretty place, and the ferry ride is very pretty also. We are going back to the Bahamas next month and I would love to go back just for a beach day, but the rest of my party wants to go see Atlantis. You will be swimming on the Lagoon side so the water is still pretty, but not much wave action. So if you like hearing and watching the ocean waves, this place is not for you. But it is very pretty there and the Dolphins are awesome.

Do yo uthink 2 hours will be enough time for four of us to enjoy it at the cost of $60.00PP ???

I would have to say.. for $60 it's really not worth it for such a limited time.

Isn't it available directly? It would save you $$.

I might think of doing it at $45.. but at $60.. that's just too high for my pocket.

Our cruise ship docks at 1 pm on our Nassau day and RCL has an excursion to Blue Lagoon and states that it is 4 1/2 hours long.

I called the excursion people at RCL and they said "if it says 4.5 hours that is exactly how long it will be"

The ship must have their own ferry coming and picking up cruisers if the Blue Lagoon ferry leaves at 4 pm. I don't really see how they couldn't.

Unless they are lying to me?

Worried because we booked the dolphin encounter for the kids and we are wondering if we will get any beach time at all before/after.

Our cruise ship docks at 1 pm on our Nassau day and RCL has an excursion to Blue Lagoon and states that it is 4 1/2 hours long.

I called the excursion people at RCL and they said "if it says 4.5 hours that is exactly how long it will be"

The ship must have their own ferry coming and picking up cruisers if the Blue Lagoon ferry leaves at 4 pm. I don't really see how they couldn't.

Unless they are lying to me?

Worried because we booked the dolphin encounter for the kids and we are wondering if we will get any beach time at all before/after.

They do NOT have there own ferries picking up cruisers. The staff of the island leaves on the 4pm ferry. Unless they made a deal with DE.. this is the last boat.

Including the ferry ride to the island at 1:30pm... your tour would last just 3 hours Those descriptions are generic.. not considering the actual ship arrival time.

The trip is worth it... even if it's just for the dolphins.

Maybe calling the Dolphin Encounter directly and giving them your date would get you the "real" story here. wwwldolphinencounters.com

We were at Blue Lagoon last week and because of a problem with our excursion got to the island at around 12:30. It was extremely crowded by then and there were no chairs or umbrellas to be found. We ended up in a small area to the right of where the boat leaves you off. We were under a tree for shade with only one broken lounge chair. We were very disappointed after reading all the great reviews of this place. The water at that area had a rocky bottom also. There were five ships in port that day and we are wondering if they are overselling tickets leading to overcrowding.

• 2 years later...

Archived