P&O v Princess (Suites)

dthompsond1

Looking at 7 day cruise ex Southampton in Sept. Choice between P&0 Azura or Grand Princess. Going for a suite for first time. Prices are similar, have sailed Princess several times but never P&O. I know Azura is a new ship so everything will still be fresh but has anybody had experience of Suites on both ships. What can I expect in way of amenities? What are the differences in drink prices? What about entertainment on both ships, any thoughts would be appreciated,

Looking at 7 day cruise ex Southampton in Sept. Choice between P&0 Azura or Grand Princess. Going for a suite for first time. Prices are similar, have sailed Princess several times but never P&O. I know Azura is a new ship so everything will still be fresh but has anybody had experience of Suites on both ships. What can I expect in way of amenities? What are the differences in drink prices? What about entertainment on both ships, any thoughts would be appreciated,

I know that the Superior Deluxe Balconies on Azura are the same as the Princess Mini Suites which probaly make those on Azura less expensive however you may be looking as the larger suites so I cant add anything to that.

Drinks are cheaper on P&O, Roughly at UK pub prices and no 15% service charge. Beer £2.95 a pint and wine from £2.95 a glass. Ive heard people generally prefer the entertainment on Princess however the daytime entertainment on P&O is definately more 'British' and 'traditional' if you like that sort of thing.

If you have done Princess a few times then the layout of Azura will be familiar albeit with different decor in the public areas. Might be nice to try a different cruise line to get a comparison.....dont think you will be dissapointed.

If you look in the P & O brochure it lists what amenities are provided with a suite. If you do a search on the Princess forum on here someone has provided a list of what Princess provide. Many of the Princess benefits are the same as Elite members get in any cabin. P & O provide butlers as well as cabin stewards for the suites on their ships whereas on Princess you only get the steward. I have never had a suite on P & O but on Princess the best 'perk' for me was being able to have breakfast in Sabatinis, food cooked to order, freshly squeezed orange juice and speciality coffees. I believe P & O offer their suite passengers a similar arrangement in The White Room (Ventura)

We had a suite on Ventura... excellent...but be aware that suites in mid ship are under the Lido Deck. Some people have complained of noise from above. We had an aft suite and had no problems with noise or movement of ship... On azura you can have breakfast in ' Seventeen' and yes drinks are definitely cheaper than American Lines. The butler will also serve you dinner on your balcony, at no extra charge Bottle of Vodka or Gin in the region of £11 for a Litre. The bultler will bring it to your room. You aslo get Champagne and choc and canopes ...free on first day. Definitely worth the extra, just for the eperience.

Archived