Chilled Soups

roger001

it was my post on the favorite food thread that said they were gone- sorry- i did not mean to give false info- i just remember the outcry when the new menus were introduced about the chilled fruit soups being gone, and assumed that was still the case, but NCL must have heard our cries! glad you guys enjoyed them recently- hope to enjoy them myself soon!

I'm heading on my first NCL cruise with my daughter in two weeks. I've read so much about the chilled soups. Does anyone know if the chilled soups have milk or cream in them (my daughter is allergic to milk)? I know I could find someone there to ask' date=' but it's nice to know ahead of time.

Thanks![/quote']

It depends on the soup. You should inform the ship of your daughter's allergy and they will help you find the foods that will work for her. There are many threads on this topic if the search tool is currently working.

We had them last week on our cruise on the Norwegian Dawn....

Do you know if they available in the main dining room in the evenings? Is the Dawn still using the new menus where only a little changes from night to night, or have they gone back to the menus that all the other ships are using?

I'm heading on my first NCL cruise with my daughter in two weeks. I've read so much about the chilled soups. Does anyone know if the chilled soups have milk or cream in them (my daughter is allergic to milk)? I know I could find someone there to ask' date=' but it's nice to know ahead of time.

Thanks![/quote']

Be sure and ask. But I'm guessing many of them are. The fruit chilled soups are much like a puree that then is very much like a shake. I could drink some of them easily and enjoyably out of a glass.

Someone on another current thread said the chilled soups are gone. Hey...hey...hey....recent cruisers...tell me that's not true.

They were still on the menu in the MDR of the Sun in June. Yummy!!

And yes, I believe most of them have cream/milk in them. However, one person in our party had a food allergy and if the staff is informed ahead of time then the Maitre'd will help plan the next days menu with the passenger accordingly. Which I thought was a nice touch.

Thanks![/quote']

You might want to get with the Food and Beverage Director if you want to eat at the buffet. I don't know who that is for your ship, but they are very helpful in general. And yes, many of the chilled fruit soups have milk in them - in fact they taste like melted ice cream.

Archived