cruise bording delayed

Drelix

Our cruise has been delayed boarding on monday cause of operational reasons I have family on board but cant contact them has anyone heard what has happend i know there was cases of gastro but i want to know if that is the reason

due to operational reasons, the embarkation for this cruise has been delayed until 2pm.

I am boarding the Pacific Jewel Monday from Sydney and have received a message regarding delayed boarding/leaving times.

It has only changed by 90 mins though - instead of leaving port at 4pm its due to leave at 5.30pm so whatever it is it can't be taking too much additional time. As a result boarding times have changed.

The one thing I did notice though is that the boarding times for the decks have altered.

Deck 5 was initially going to embark first, at 12.30 pm, with other decks to follow in half hourly intervals (ie deck 6 at 1pm, deck 7 and 1.30pm and so on - with decks 10 and 11 last). I have noticed that now, all the decks from 6 upwards are boarding from about 2pm (starting with deck 6 and going through to deck 11) - but with deck 5 being set back to be LAST to board at 4pm....

Wonder if there is some issue on that particular deck (deck 5) - so they are boarding that deck last??

It could be something really simple like harbour traffic/other ships, or late delivery of equipment/staff/food/supplies. It could be that they have had some minor technical issue with plumbing or electricity that they need to fix, it could be anything reallly....

Maybe they know that I am going and they feel the need to stock up on extra alcohol - awaiting supplies from other cities perhaps ???

Who knows!

I really hope not....

I have just checked twitter to see if anyone has posted any messages to give clues (you would be amazed how often people post stuff immeidatley about almost every aspect of their lives - gives a great up to date insight into events as they are happening).

Anyway, nothing posted on twitter (or anywhere else that I can find) except positive comments about the sun shining....

Hopefully its nothing exciting and just a simple matter like them taking time to stock fee gifts for all the guests??!!?!?!?

Wishful thinking perhaps

If I find anythign I'll post.

I can only think that the new berthing arrangements at Wharf 5, which has only been used once now has caused this delay. At wharf 5, all passengers now embark & disembark on deck 5 & not deck 7 as happened at Wharf 8.

Deck 5 was initially going to embark first, at 12.30 pm, with other decks to follow in half hourly intervals (ie deck 6 at 1pm, deck 7 and 1.30pm and so on - with decks 10 and 11 last). I have noticed that now, all the decks from 6 upwards are boarding from about 2pm (starting with deck 6 and going through to deck 11) - but with deck 5 being set back to be LAST to board at 4pm....

Andy the Man,

Did you receive this staggered boarding information from P& O or did you look it up somewhere? Just wondering bc we are cruising in a few weeks and I would like to know.

I heard from my brother the other day said there was a big outbreak of gastroenteritis was on there I just rememberd i wonder if it had anything to do with this.

That's most likely the reason; if they've had norovirus on board they'll need to do a major clean of the ship before they allow the next lot of passengeres on board, and there'll probably also be some sort of checking done by the NSW public health authorities.

Sun,

I got the current boarding times from the phone message P&O left to tell us we had a delayed departure - the message listed all the boarding times for all decks

The original boarding times I got from my own booking - when we booked we got a boarding time for our deck. we have since been upgraded twice since then, so received amended boarding times for two other decks

Archived